Gen 3 Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You already figured it out, but as soon as I saw your post, that was my first thought! The same exact thing happened to me - I was about 50 miles to empty. The truck remote started, and by the time I got there, it was off and would not restart. I let it roll to flat ground, and voila!!

If you park the truck nose up, this won't be an issue. The shape of the fuel tank and placement of the pump make nose down parking a potential adventure!

OP
OP
Z06_RAP

Z06_RAP

Reaction score
You already figured it out, but as soon as I saw your post, that was my first thought! The same exact thing happened to me - I was about 50 miles to empty. The truck remote started, and by the time I got there, it was off and would not restart. I let it roll to flat ground, and voila!!

If you park the truck nose up, this won't be an issue. The shape of the fuel tank and placement of the pump make nose down parking a potential adventure!
How did you get it into neutral?

OP
OP
Z06_RAP

Z06_RAP

Reaction score
There is a release under the steering wheel. Should be in the owners manual. Kinda hard to explain.
View attachment 377807
I found that on a YouTube video. Maybe I did it wrong because when I took my foot off the brake it would sense that it was rolling a engage the parking brake. They way it reads, if I would have turned the power off after pulling the lever it wouldn't have engaged the parking brake. Who knows but I am saving what you sent.

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know how fords are, but on my gmc, if you press and hold the start button for around 5 - 10 seconds without the brake, it will turn on all acc and let you put it in neutral.

Reaction score
Same thing just happened to me, parked on very steep incline nose down 85 miles left. Did it two nights in a row, and second couldnt get to start at all. Exceeded cranking time too.. They told me to put a few gallons in it, got it sputtered up enough to get to level ground, worked fine. Hope i didnt damage starter or fuel pump on this deal, figured it out pretty easily though. incredibly poor design. Could you imagine...being in baja, thinking you have 85mi DTE and then parking it on an incline and being stranded...this was over 1/4 tank for me too according to gauge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20