Gen 3 with Standard speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sajprice86

Reaction score
How is the sound? I locked one down with 800A so its missing the B&O speakers. My current 19 also doesn't have it and the speakers are pretty terrible. I would imagine they are the same speakers in the Gen 3 vs Gen 2?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not holding my breath. the 18 was ok. but the new one should be better. wish it was like my wife's Porsche Macan. that stereo is freaking unbelievable all Bose. and cant turn it up past 3/4. I pulled into the drive and my wife said she heard me coming down the street and knew what I was listening to. mind you its cold here and the windows were up and she was inside.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It honestly depends on your taste but 9 times out of 10 a couple grand in aftermarket equipment will out perform any stock system.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s ok. Maybe a little better than my Gen 2.

Even the “branded” OEM systems suck.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I purchased an 800A is due to the base audio. I don't think the B&O system sounds great. I don't think the Harmon Kardon or Alpine systems sound great in a Ram either.

I will make or purchase a plug and play harness to run either a 4-6ch and mono amp or a 5 channel. I hope that I can fit a well designed box behind the seat along with the amp(s) with a JL shallow sub