Gen 3 Windshield Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For them! I always lower my comprehensive to $50 deductible. But they attempted to screw me over.
Yeah here in AZ we have such a broken windshield problem, most of us have $0 deductible. I'm dreading ever having to swap that windshield. I'm just hoping OEM is actually OEM and from ford. But i've never really known how all that works.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah here in AZ we have such a broken windshield problem, most of us have $0 deductible. I'm dreading ever having to swap that windshield. I'm just hoping OEM is actually OEM and from ford. But i've never really known how all that works.
You have to see the Logo on the (i think) bottom left. Also idk if Gen 3 has but the Gen 2 has the heater strips for the wipers which the pos after market didn't have!

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a soundscreen version and a standard version. My raptor had the soundscreen from factory. 801a included it at the time, not sure if anything has changed since MY21.

The dealership replaced mine with the standard version after I questioned the idiot at the service counter several times about ensuring it was the "upgraded" soundscreen version. When I picked up the truck without the soundscreen version I questioned him again and he tried to tell me it had to be the soundscreen version because that was the part that came up for my vin. He was wrong. It never got fixed and I got the run around for months and stopped going to that dealership for that and numerous other reasons.

Anyway, I am certain I could tell a difference in sound, but maybe that's only because I really wanted to be able to.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
I had mine replaced with OEM with a $150 deductible at the shop my dealer uses. I think it is a bit noisy compared to stock. Still debating with the shop guy. I think the issue is they closed all the windows and when you close the doors, that popped the seal? Hoping to have it reset in when the weather is warmer under their "lifetime warranty"