Gen 3 Wheel Swap Anyone? PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidC

Reaction score
I will be taking delivery of my 2022 Gen 3 in the next couple of weeks (delivery date is Jun 15-21 per dealer tracking system). I upgraded the interior for carbon fiber which also required an $1,895 upgrade to the forged aluminum bead lock type wheels. For my use I prefer the OEM alloy wheel. I am in Florida. Does anyone know someone with a new Gen 3 with alloys that would like to do a quick “swap” for the four or five forged aluminum wheels, tires, etc. for a very reasonable cost, well below the Ford upgrade cost?

OP
OP
davidC

davidC

Reaction score
I don’t have actual pics yet as it is in transit from the Ford factory. Here is a pic from the tracking website.

Attachments

• B1A43145-3495-4E8B-A6D1-DF145993159C.png
    B1A43145-3495-4E8B-A6D1-DF145993159C.png
    304.8 KB · Views: 33

DBR2022

Reaction score
I “wanted” the aluminum alloy wheels too, but got roped into the same upgrade you’re talking about.

At the end of the day I really like the forged aluminum wheels. The gunmetal gray of the “bead lock” ring looks really good with black wheels and goes perfectly with my agate black truck. Kind of matches the fender flares from afar!

I’m itching to install my burnt bronze Icon’s but can’t do it yet.

WAR38

Reaction score
I will be taking delivery of my 2022 Gen 3 in the next couple of weeks (delivery date is Jun 15-21 per dealer tracking system). I upgraded the interior for carbon fiber which also required an $1,895 upgrade to the forged aluminum bead lock type wheels. For my use I prefer the OEM alloy wheel. I am in Florida. Does anyone know someone with a new Gen 3 with alloys that would like to do a quick “swap” for the four or five forged aluminum wheels, tires, etc. for a very reasonable cost, well below the Ford upgrade cost?
I have mine coming end of July but I’m in Minnesota. If you figure out a way I’ll trade