Gen 3 vs Gen 2 bed size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red GSXR

Reaction score
Does anybody know a topper for gen 2 fits on gen 3? Is there any size difference in the bed size between gen 2 and gen 3?

thanks

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From the last TFL video with Ford’s Tony Greco, the length of the gen 3 got about 20mm longer on the bumper. That’s on the 37 Rap to allow for the spare tire underneath.

I would assume that the bed would remain the same.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some vendors are reported that existing bed covers fit the '21. Seems likely that toppers would also fit. Might not match up as well to the cab height?

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good...I invested in the RSI SmartCap and was hoping it would transition. I would hate to eat that resale cost.

Dacam

Reaction score
I emailed Bakflip, to find out if the Mx4 I have on my 2017 will fit on a 2021 Raptor bed and they said no.
They told me I would need to purchase a new one. They didn’t say why. Might be because they want me to buy another cover? Not sure?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I emailed Bakflip, to find out if the Mx4 I have on my 2017 will fit on a 2021 Raptor bed and they said no.
They told me I would need to purchase a new one. They didn’t say why. Might be because they want me to buy another cover? Not sure?

It looks like it's the same product for 2020 and 2021 on their website, although can't 100% confirm since I don't see model numbers. If it were me, take the cover off your old truck and see if it fits on the new. It's not like you need to order the new cover first.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks like it's the same product for 2020 and 2021 on their website, although can't 100% confirm since I don't see model numbers. If it were me, take the cover off your old truck and see if it fits on the new. It's not like you need to order the new cover first.

And if it doesn't fit, sell it on Craigslist. You won't get anything for it otherwise.