Gen 3 Turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BamaCooley

Reaction score
Received a quote for the exact turbo that Hennessy uses to boost up to 530hp and 600ft/lb torgue. Installed at $3k. Much cheaper. Has anyone on here done this? How much difference can you tell and what was your 0-60 improvement? I’m on 35s.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you’re talking crank hp/tq numbers you can get there with just a tune. Cobb is almost done with support for the Gen 3.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received a quote for the exact turbo that Hennessy uses to boost up to 530hp and 600ft/lb torgue. Installed at $3k. Much cheaper. Has anyone on here done this? How much difference can you tell and what was your 0-60 improvement? I’m on 35s.
I would bet you will need tuning to take full advantage of new turbos. This is the current issue... the ECU is locked and tuners, like Cobb, have been working on this for a while. There is one company, Livernoise, that has a tune for the truck now. I am sure others will be close behind.

MidLifeRaptor

Reaction score
We sure they use a new turbo? I thought they did intake intercooler and tune only? I may be mistaken of course..