Gen 3 to Gen 1 consideration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did not care for the Gen 2's I've driven.

Arm rests were too low, trans was too shifty, and the rear end seemed skitterish.

They were tuned, so they were "fast" - but only fast when compared to other trucks.

The Gen2 "aggro" stying will be outdated soon (Ford already dropped it)- but the Gen 1 styling is classic baja truck that will look good forever.

jamesstone1933

Reaction score
Do what you want to do. I have 160,000 miles on my Gen1 and not 1 problem other than a couple cheap electrical things so them being a liability is kinda weird to say. I guarantee you the Gen1’s will outlast the 2’s and 3’s and yes will be worth more money as well. I’m not saying it’s a good idea at all but it’s not like your stepping back into a flintstone truck. Mine has all the gadgets my buddies 2’s have with less problems. Slower yes worse suspension yes as well all things that can be handled easily. Good luck

Dadlife

Reaction score
Been thinking about going to a gen 1 from my 2022 Raptor recently. Feel like my gen 3 is at its peak value, and the gen 1 will hold value better. I could buy a first gen outright with the equity in my 22. This would free up a nearly interest free car payment, but is not really part of the equation for me. I am averaging about 6k miles a year on my current truck. Thinking a Roush Raptor under 100k miles or so would hold it's value the best? If anybody has a better idea, let me know. I have about $74k-ish in my 3rd gen after taxes and upgrades, and think I can get 78k or so for it at least.

I did this exact same thing. Moved my 22 37pp and snagged a 12 with stage 4 rogue racing long travel kit.
No regrets what so ever. Gen 1 has 51k miles too

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything you just explained was exactly what I thought and was trying to convey, apologize for hacking it up. The allocation I was talking about was what Ford allocated directly to Roush to upfit. It ended up being 450 for 2014 to my understanding. This is pretty much exactly the same way the original Shelby Mustangs were produced.
Out of curiosity, where did you find this production number?

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do what you want to do. I have 160,000 miles on my Gen1 and not 1 problem other than a couple cheap electrical things so them being a liability is kinda weird to say. I guarantee you the Gen1’s will outlast the 2’s and 3’s and yes will be worth more money as well. I’m not saying it’s a good idea at all but it’s not like your stepping back into a flintstone truck. Mine has all the gadgets my buddies 2’s have with less problems. Slower yes worse suspension yes as well all things that can be handled easily. Good luck
Exactly right and well said. It has plenty of features including a sunroof that doesn’t leak, Bluetooth that works and enough power for me that sounds incredible with the Corsa. Ton of compliments asking if it’s the “new Raptor”

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve seen ignorance, but this is another level of stupid. A 15 year old steel body F-Series is going to “outlast” an aluminum Gen 2 or 3? And not only that, but be “worth more”? Lol. Fanboys like you are truly delusional.

Gen 1 had a weak frame and shared it’s powertrain not only with every other F-150, but the fleet E-Series. It’s not special. It was compliance at best.

As far as “gadgets” (are you 80 years old?) you claim your decade old truck has the same features as the later models? Lol ok. So, where is the pano roof on your antiquated truck? Adaptive cruise? Lane Centering? Live Valve suspension? LED lighting? Brushless cooling fans? Raptor specific fully hydroformed frame? BLIS? Raptor exclusive powertrain? Full-time 4WD?

Gen 1 had MyTouch, which was ahead of its time when released a decade ago but has been a problem child for many years. Never mind the miserable resistive touch screen.

Your “guarantee” means absolutely nothing when you don’t have the slightest idea what you’re even talking about. Get a clue and try again.

Last edited:

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen ignorance, but this is another level of stupid. A 15 year old steel body F-Series is going to “outlast” an aluminum Gen 2 or 3? And not only that, but be “worth more”? Lol. Fanboys like you are truly delusional.

Gen 1 had a weak frame and shared it’s powertrain not only with every other F-150, but the fleet E-Series. It’s not special. It was compliance at best.

As far as “gadgets” (are you 80 years old?) you claim your decade old truck has the same features as the later models? Lol ok. So, where is the pano roof on your antiquated truck? Adaptive cruise? Lane Centering? Live Valve suspension? LED lighting? Brushless cooling fans? Raptor specific fully hydroformed frame? Raptor powertrain? Full-time 4WD?

Gen 1 had MyTouch, which was ahead of its time when released a decade ago but has been a problem child for many years. Never mind the miserable resistive touch screen.

Your “guarantee” means absolutely nothing when you don’t have the slightest idea what you’re even talking about. Get a clue and try again.
Wow! If you dislike the Gen 1 so much, depart the Gen 1 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.