Gen 3 to Gen 1 consideration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about going to a gen 1 from my 2022 Raptor recently. Feel like my gen 3 is at its peak value, and the gen 1 will hold value better. I could buy a first gen outright with the equity in my 22. This would free up a nearly interest free car payment, but is not really part of the equation for me. I am averaging about 6k miles a year on my current truck. Thinking a Roush Raptor under 100k miles or so would hold it's value the best? If anybody has a better idea, let me know. I have about $74k-ish in my 3rd gen after taxes and upgrades, and think I can get 78k or so for it at least.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MY thoughts... I would not do this "trade" unless money was a Factor. Gen1 is cool man. But Gen3 is the far superior and modern vehicle stock vs stock. BUT.... the Gen1 is very cool with all "the things done".

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Been thinking about going to a gen 1 from my 2022 Raptor recently. Feel like my gen 3 is at its peak value, and the gen 1 will hold value better. I could buy a first gen outright with the equity in my 22. This would free up a nearly interest free car payment, but is not really part of the equation for me. I am averaging about 6k miles a year on my current truck. Thinking a Roush Raptor under 100k miles or so would hold it's value the best? If anybody has a better idea, let me know. I have about $74k-ish in my 3rd gen after taxes and upgrades, and think I can get 78k or so for it at least.

You're not gonna like it. It's like stepping back 20 years not 10. But if you're only doing 6k miles a year, who cares.

OP
OP
TXAG

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any other reason(s) to trade other than holding value?

Always thought the gen 1's were cool. Good friend had a taliban tan 2014 he bought new. I prefer V8's to 6's, but the boost is a great engine. Seems like a factory roush package gen 1 is more of a super truck. Perhaps I'm just bored. Maybe I'll wait for an R allocation to come my way

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The lower the value of the vehicle, the less it will depreciate and the better it will hold it's value. So you could buy a ten-year-old Prius and minimize your cost. Then again, it isn't all about the money. Why not tune the gen 3, beat the shit out of it, sell it to some sucker for more than it's worth and get an R? Rinse and repeat until the only thing you can buy is an EV, at which point your life is over and you have to live with a pitiful sub 3 second 0-60 while praying for no rain, no heat, no cold, no storm surges, no lines at the charging station, no rolling brownouts and no crooked politicians. At least you'd have fun for a while.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wanted to have vehicles that kept value you wouldn't drive 6k miles a year or even own a Raptor. The Gen3s are far superior to Gen1s and you might regret going back.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about going to a gen 1 from my 2022 Raptor recently. Feel like my gen 3 is at its peak value, and the gen 1 will hold value better. I could buy a first gen outright with the equity in my 22. This would free up a nearly interest free car payment, but is not really part of the equation for me. I am averaging about 6k miles a year on my current truck. Thinking a Roush Raptor under 100k miles or so would hold its value the best? If anybody has a better idea, let me know. I have about $74k-ish in my 3rd gen after taxes and upgrades, and think I can get 78k or so for it at least.
No offense. But you're on crack bro if you think that

Status
Not open for further replies.