GEN 3 Suspension ( 37 Package ) on a 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
I have the fronts from a 37" Package Gen 3 so they have the exact same travel ( 13 inch ) same as the original Gen 2

The rears are from a 35" Gen 3 and their lengths are identical to my original Gen 2 rear shocks.

Now the question is: How do these new shocks reach more travel ( 15 inches ) than the Gen 2s ? The shock itself has maybe a shorter bump-stop or internally is different... or it's the new suspension geometry that is allowing for a one inch further travel...

I will try to attach a picture of the 35" Gen 3 rear shock showing the bump-stop... Hopefully this will help

Attachments

• 20220104_123934.jpg
    20220104_123934.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
V
Reaction score
Do you have part numbers from what you used for this?
Yes, these are the part numbers:

Front Shocks: ( 37" Package ):
Right: ML3V18B060
Left: ML3V18B061

Front Springs: ( 37" Package )

Left and Right are exact same: ML3V-5310-AC

Rear Shocks: ( 35" )
Rear Right: ML3V18W002
Rear Left: ML3V18W003

jaypee903

Reaction score
Today I installed a brand new set of Front and rear Live Valve shocks 3.1 from the Gen 3 on my 2017 Raptor.

I bought a complete set with the front springs.

The ride feels a lot firmer than how it was before with the stock suspension.

The front feels perfect, it is not too hard. The rear feels a little firmer for some reason.

It feels like the Live Valve in the front is on a Medium setting or something and the rears are at a Hard Setting.

Since the Live Valves are not connected. From my understanding, they default to stiffest setting.

Now the ride height was measured after 50 kms

Front is now exactly 30mm Higher ( 1.25 Inches ) It is now perfectly leveled.

I did not want to get the Live Valve delete kit since I'm planning to find a way to make them work. I only disconnected the black solenoids and added some protection around the inner valve sticking out.
Where in the world did you find a set at?

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the fronts from a 37" Package Gen 3 so they have the exact same travel ( 13 inch ) same as the original Gen 2

The rears are from a 35" Gen 3 and their lengths are identical to my original Gen 2 rear shocks.

Now the question is: How do these new shocks reach more travel ( 15 inches ) than the Gen 2s ? The shock itself has maybe a shorter bump-stop or internally is different... or it's the new suspension geometry that is allowing for a one inch further travel...

I will try to attach a picture of the 35" Gen 3 rear shock showing the bump-stop... Hopefully this will help

Skip to 4:45, the Gen 3's knuckle is redesigned which lowers the CV joints and gives more articulation. So basically they were able to reuse the same shock length but get better travel through clever geometry.

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
Where in the world did you find a set at?
At first I was looking for the 2017 / 18 Shocks with no valves. I contacted a dozen of Ford Parts local stores and online. Nothing !
That's when I decided to start looking for the 2019 / 20 Live Valve Shocks.
I found them at one of the places where I did find a brand new set, the guy asked me if I was interested in a 2021 Gen 3 Shocks. I was also very surprised when I saw the pictures, they were indeed the Gen 3 shocks !
I don't know if they do have more in stock but I can always ask them if you want.

jaypee903

Reaction score
At first I was looking for the 2017 / 18 Shocks with no valves. I contacted a dozen of Ford Parts local stores and online. Nothing !
That's when I decided to start looking for the 2019 / 20 Live Valve Shocks.
I found them at one of the places where I did find a brand new set, the guy asked me if I was interested in a 2021 Gen 3 Shocks. I was also very surprised when I saw the pictures, they were indeed the Gen 3 shocks !
I don't know if they do have more in stock but I can always ask them if you want.
Yea, please do!!!!

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
They are same lenght.
I believe it's the way the suspension geimetry was designed that allows the shocks to travel one inch further.
Physically, they have sane lenght.