GEN 3 Suspension ( 37 Package ) on a 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Today I installed a brand new set of Front and rear Live Valve shocks 3.1 from the Gen 3 on my 2017 Raptor.

I bought a complete set with the front springs.

The ride feels a lot firmer than how it was before with the stock suspension.

The front feels perfect, it is not too hard. The rear feels a little firmer for some reason.

It feels like the Live Valve in the front is on a Medium setting or something and the rears are at a Hard Setting.

Since the Live Valves are not connected. From my understanding, they default to stiffest setting.

Now the ride height was measured after 50 kms

Front is now exactly 30mm Higher ( 1.25 Inches ) It is now perfectly leveled.

I did not want to get the Live Valve delete kit since I'm planning to find a way to make them work. I only disconnected the black solenoids and added some protection around the inner valve sticking out.

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
I forgot to mention this:

The front struts original top mounting 3 nuts did not fit the new GEN 3 Struts so I had to get 3 new nuts which were a little bigger for both sides.

Beside that, everything went smooth. The lower control arm is maybe different on the GEN 3 but the strut went in perfect.

The rear Left shock FOX Sticker is facing inside because these are now mounted in same position on the 5 Link coil suspension.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's good info to know that those fit. So the Gen 3 rear shocks are not staggered anymore? Correct?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Did you measure the extended length of the new rear shocks vs the old shocks? I figured w/ the linked rear the Gen 3 would ride a bit higher and the shocks would be longer.

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
E-Clik makes a stand alone system to control live valves shocks on 2017-18
I love my E-Clik system on my 2019.

Yes, The E-Clik system is the best I have found so far but it's a little over my budget at the moment. So I'm still trying to find a different route to use these Live Valves. Maybe a manual adjuster knob or something...

Not sure I'd run those without the deletes but you do you.

We will eventually make the Live Valve option work again, that's our next project but I am getting used to the sportier feel. After few days and few miles, the suspension is softening up a little bit but still firm.

That's good info to know that those fit. So the Gen 3 rear shocks are not staggered anymore? Correct?

They're not staggered anymore so the only issue now is that the FOX Sticker on the Left side is facing inside the truck. I don't think I can remove it and replace it outside.

One more thing, we used a 2mm thick washer on all the connections, for some reason, the new Gen 3 rear shock bushings were a little narrower so to avoid any play, we used these washers.

Did you measure the extended length of the new rear shocks vs the old shocks? I figured w/ the linked rear the Gen 3 would ride a bit higher and the shocks would be longer.
Yes, they are identical, exact same extended length, I measured them both laying on the floor.

[/QUOTE]

Today I remeasured again the lift and it looks like it's settling to exactly 1 inch after driving a few days. I hope it stays like this :)

What's the recommended Camber specs with a one inch lift ?

Last edited:

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see if the live valve solenoids would be plug and play for the 19-20 and be properly controlled by the stock computer.

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
I
I'd be curious to see if the live valve solenoids would be plug and play for the 19-20 and be properly controlled by the stock computer.
I don't see why not. Yes, they are black but it's still a solenoid, it's exactly the same connectors. I've seen some pictures showing the internal Live Valve, I cant see any difference. I will try to add some pictures...

The Gen 3 Live valve system is now 10 times faster but that's on the control unit or the sensors.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 45
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in this as well as an eventual life cycle replacement for my OEM shocks on my '19. I have a buddy who is about to receive his gen 3 with 35's and will have the stock shocks upgraded in short order. That gives me access to a set of those shocks for my truck but concerned over the overall length / stroke with the 35 trucks having more travel. Anyone have insight into this as well?