Gen 3 Raptor talk through video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrdinaryStory

Reaction score
Great video, thanks for the link . Not sure if it's only for pre-production; the DRL looks to be amber and also the blinkers? Definitely, not parking lights since the marker lights are off. (From 22:16 to 22:24 mins mark).

Screenshot_DRL.png

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the 14:07-14:27 mark, they show that the preproduction version doesn’t have much space between the spare tire and the panhard rod. Any concerns with the former bumping up against the latter?

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the 14:07-14:27 mark, they show that the preproduction version doesn’t have much space between the spare tire and the panhard rod. Any concerns with the former bumping up against the latter?
The pan hard bar should only move up and down. Not much lateral movement at all. So I would say no. But in the section that’s closest to the spare tire, it looks like the rod is flat and not round. I wonder if that is going to be a weak point?

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pan hard bar should only move up and down. Not much lateral movement at all. So I would say no. But in the section that’s closest to the spare tire, it looks like the rod is flat and not round. I wonder if that is going to be a weak point?
It seems that way. It’s possible Ford created an issue with the flattened rod by solving for the issue with the spare tire. Also, although I agree the rod will move vertically only, Im wondering whether any slight lateral movement by a not-perfectly secure spare could damage the rod.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems that way. It’s possible Ford created an issue with the flattened rod by solving for the issue with the spare tire. Also, although I agree the rod will move vertically only, Im wondering whether any slight lateral movement by a not-perfectly secure spare could damage the rod.
I could see that happening.

rosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that too. My first thought is, what if a rock gets wedged up in there?