Gen 3 Raptor Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It certainly requires you to pay more attention when driving around. As for parking I’ve been in lots where even perfectly centered between lines there’s comically little room to egress. This is usually urban areas where they try to cram as many parking spots as possible.

I think I’ve parallel parked my gen 2 only two or three times. It’s not fun and where I’m at you take up every inch between the white lines.

I’m just happy mine fits in my garage
Don't worry, the gen3 parks itself, both parallel and perpendicular...lol

Sephiroth

Reaction score
I take long trips to Baja and have been doing so for 10 years and now 210k miles in an 08 Jeep Wrangler 4 door. I'm upgrading to a Gen 3 for this purpose and can't wait to get mine but the size of this vehicle just scares the crap out of me. My JKU is a 08 it measures 180" in length. I also live in a tight city type area by the beach and parking sucks. Is it really this bad lol ?
You got your money out of it. If the raptor lasts 200K miles I’ll be happy. Does anyone know the typical life span? I don’t really trust google.

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking about swapping my current ride (L405 Range Rover) for a gen 3 raptor when the dust settles (i.e. no dealer markups, non-sellers market, etc.). Been lurking for a while and love what Ford did with gen 2’s.

Having said that, does anyone know when gen 3 reviews might come out? Seeing dealers with actual trucks for sale leads me to believe there’s no embargo. Just not any press vehicles to provide to journalists? I’m surprised there’s nothing popping up yet with real world reviews from R&T, fast lane truck, smoking tire, Doug Demuro, etc.
I have a 20 rover sport SVR, which is an awesome vehicle.... however, if I could only keep one cool vehicle, it would be the Raptor... hands down.. It rides great.....

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pic looks awesome. Off topic but did you put a ceramic coat on it?
Thanks. I am pretty ******* my paint. Pinstriping from PNW-like tight trails up here in British Columbia. So much so, I haven't been too fussed about paint. I did a DIY ceramic last year and it is probably due for a redo. I know the experts say not to wax on top of ceramic, just use a conditioner etc., but I do. I'm not looking for a showroom shine, I'm looking for protection from branches dragging across muddy paint and that extra layer acts as a sacrificial coating.

I looked at doing PPF and a ceramic on top. Price was nuts up here. Realistically, the PPF would take a beating and need touchups which would add to the cost. Instead I just said **** it and run the truck.

More than you asked for.

If the pinstriping bugs me...down the line I might just do the satin line-x.

1628451660265.png

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am pretty ******* my paint. Pinstriping from PNW-like tight trails up here in British Columbia. So much so, I haven't been too fussed about paint. I did a DIY ceramic last year and it is probably due for a redo. I know the
Ha! I was trying to figure out why I got censored... What the heck did I say?

Too effing funny.

I said hard

on

(my paint).

Got a chuckle out of that.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that’s funny
anyway off road a raptor is way faster than anything else
because of it’s size really, power is good but the size means the thing never gets out of control and it floats over the rough stuff compared to a jeep or land rover

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am pretty ******* my paint. Pinstriping from PNW-like tight trails up here in British Columbia. So much so, I haven't been too fussed about paint. I did a DIY ceramic last year and it is probably due for a redo. I know the experts say not to wax on top of ceramic, just use a conditioner etc., but I do. I'm not looking for a showroom shine, I'm looking for protection from branches dragging across muddy paint and that extra layer acts as a sacrificial coating.

I looked at doing PPF and a ceramic on top. Price was nuts up here. Realistically, the PPF would take a beating and need touchups which would add to the cost. Instead I just said **** it and run the truck.

More than you asked for.

If the pinstriping bugs me...down the line I might just do the satin line-x.

View attachment 315290
Haha, they censored h@rd on? Such losers.

that looks awesome. Didn’t know you could DIY a ceramic coat. Looks great.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, they censored h@rd on? Such losers.

that looks awesome. Didn’t know you could DIY a ceramic coat. Looks great.
It's probably just a programmed word or cluster of words that trips the censor. Not old fart or someone in their tight whiteys censoring stuff from their basement.

I just picked a good reviews for the price ceramic off Amazon, did the surface prep decently for wax removal, the applied a couple of coats. Let it cure, then just add wax detailing sprays over top before offroading trips. Seems to work well.

ceramic https://amzn.to/3fSevDP
spray (love this stuff - leather, plastic, glass, paint, rubber) https://amzn.to/3fMpBKw
surface prep / gentle cut polish https://amzn.to/3jENDbD

Maybe this combo is garbage, but it's worked well for me and has held up through offroading, snow, salt, mud etc. Easy to apply/maintain.

TunaSmell

Reaction score
What I’m hearing is a gen3 raptor can only carry 2 people and maybe 1 power scooter.
How true is the above? We are a family of 4 .. wiil roadtrips in the Raptor not be as good as the Suburban we drive now? most of the time we travel with lots of luggage, bikes, and a dog but occasionally pull a trailer when transporting furniture to or from our 2nd home/vacation rental.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How true is the above? We are a family of 4 .. wiil roadtrips in the Raptor not be as good as the Suburban we drive now? most of the time we travel with lots of luggage, bikes, and a dog but occasionally pull a trailer when transporting furniture to or from our 2nd home/vacation rental.
payload on Raptor will be 1410lbs, I'm guessing you all aren't 350lbs each so you should be able to haul stuff in the bed without an issue