Gen 3 Raptor Owner Breaks Back During Jump - Which one of you was it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotoMedic

Reaction score
It was me. I’m Caz, the guy who broke his back on that jump (sezac80 on Instagram). Just a hard landing / freak accident.
For a stock Gen 3, 50 MPH turned out to be the sweet spot for that jump but I decided to try 60… was a bad decision. Like others said, I missed the slope and landed too far on the flat part of the track. Suspension fully compressed and remaining force transferred to me. T12 snapped.
On the plus side, I got 6’ of air but sadly the grainy iPhone vid from a distance is the only pic/vid of the jump.
Truck is all good. No noises, warning lights, drives straight on the highway, etc. Have a guy that’s going to double check the frame but I’m 99% sure he won’t find anything wrong.
Just sucks I can’t drive for another couple weeks and can’t off-road for several months. And unfortunately, I’ll likely have to give up jumping anything over 1-2 ft.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was me. I’m Caz, the guy who broke his back on that jump (sezac80 on Instagram). Just a hard landing / freak accident.
For a stock Gen 3, 50 MPH turned out to be the sweet spot for that jump but I decided to try 60… was a bad decision. Like others said, I missed the slope and landed too far on the flat part of the track. Suspension fully compressed and remaining force transferred to me. T12 snapped.
On the plus side, I got 6’ of air but sadly the grainy iPhone vid from a distance is the only pic/vid of the jump.
Truck is all good. No noises, warning lights, drives straight on the highway, etc. Have a guy that’s going to double check the frame but I’m 99% sure he won’t find anything wrong.
Just sucks I can’t drive for another couple weeks and can’t off-road for several months. And unfortunately, I’ll likely have to give up jumping anything over 1-2 ft.

I’m just glad you are ok. Seeing you and the driver of the other truck leave the track in an EMT made me think twice about whether I should continue for the day.