Gen 3 Raptor 37 Geiser Rear coils install + pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super easy, torque specs are 1 1/2 grunts
Saw a forum once all kinds of folks asking about the torque on their lug nuts, 10th or so guy down says "You should torque em with the T wrench in the trunk you're going to have to take em off with when you get a flat" Too logical for some, couple hard grunts is pretty F___N tight enough for me !! Good post but can you get me a nice 4 link set up for my 2013 !!??

OP
OP
J

j-man

Reaction score
Did the axle shift to the right or left a little bit? Is one tire moved out on on side and in on the other? This usually happens with a panhard bar set up, hence adjustable panhard bar used when a vehicle is lowered/lifted to bring the axle back to center….
Not that i noticed, it still tracks straight, no funny bounce or shifting left/right when i hit bumps, but i havnt taken it at speed in the dirt or rocks yet. I remember on a 99 4runner i owned after i lifted it, it was a pain adjusting the panhard bar to get it just right, bu so far the Raptor seems fine. But now you,ve made me wanna go measure things so ill check

RobBob

Reaction score
I purchased a set for the rear a few days ago… wondering about the shift one side or the other that you refer to. I can check prior to installing and after. Haven’t received them yet - but, where is going to be a good reference point to measure from to offer this information back to the forum? Is there a common place to measure from for this check?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the G3 rear is designed with so much travel that you’re not going to see too much deviation of the axle laterally, especially around the ride height. Full droop vs full compression there will certainly be a change, but lifting it a couple inches I bet would change it less than 1/4”

lawraptor

Reaction score
Great post. With the shell on you're at about 3 inches rake? I've got a Leer XR going on in a few weeks on my 3rd gen, and worried about the front end being higher. Don't the Leers only weight about 185-200?

OP
OP
J

j-man

Reaction score
Great post. With the shell on you're at about 3 inches rake? I've got a Leer XR going on in a few weeks on my 3rd gen, and worried about the front end being higher. Don't the Leers only weight about 185-200?
Yea the leer is right around that, after a couple weeks its still about 3” rake