Gen 3 Powertech Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WA2012

Reaction score
There is a TSB for the tailgate opening on its own. Last time I was at the dealer, the service manager offered to fix (although my tailgate has never opened on its own) but needed to order the parts. Said it was going to be a three hour repair.

OP
OP
Vintage

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TSB for the tailgate opening on its own. Last time I was at the dealer, the service manager offered to fix (although my tailgate has never opened on its own) but needed to order the parts. Said it was going to be a three hour repair.
Good to know Ford acknowledged the problem and fixed it. We "should" be good to go on our Gen 3 Raptors.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On my Gen 2, I’ve never (at least not yet) accidentally opened my tailgate. I’m not sure what these other guys are doing, I wouldn’t really worry about that too much.
My favorite part of the tailgate step is using it for putting on my boots while sitting on the tailgate, works great for that.
Also is nice for getting in the back, too.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
One time I thought I was hitting the remote start and I hit the tailgate button by accident, they are next to each other on the key fob. The other time it somehow got pressed by accident. My buddy has a F-150 King Ranch for 2 years, he said he's done it a few times by accident also. I disabled the remote opener in Forscan. The electric button on the gate still works to open it.
Just an FYI, you can also open your tailgate with the keypad on the driver's door.