Gen 3 Pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 17706
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinsta

Reaction score
In that third pic, the driver appears to be on their phone. Hopefully they’re trying to locate the nearest car wash.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is made in the same plant as the F150 in Dearborn (and F150 in KC Assembly). I am not saying they are in full production, but the line is running for current F150's and Raptor test mules etc. They are fine tuning the line for the adjustment from the F150 (frame/suspension/etc). The line was re-tooled for the Raptor the last few shutdowns.

I guess I wouldn't consider that a start of Raptor production. I get that they have created a some Raptors through the line that are not for sale.

They are cutting back *****.

Which is never pleasant.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I guess I wouldn't consider that a start of Raptor production. I get that they have created a some Raptors through the line that are not for sale.

Correct. The comment was they are stopping production, which would mean F150. And if they are still making F150's, they can still make Raptors. Maybe I misunderstood/commented.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct. The comment was they are stopping production, which would mean F150. And if they are still making F150's, they can still make Raptors. Maybe I misunderstood/commented.

Others claimed that Raptor production had stopped. I thought it was odd since I assumed it hadn't really started yet. I personally didn't think production was being stopped on F150 or wouldn't start on Raptors...although it makes sense that COVID restrictions and delays in getting materials would slow down production.

I would also guess that demand would be low, but I don't really see signs of that.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are orders for the Raptor even being taken? I thought Ford still had to release pricing etc. Also what about the F-150 Tremor? That still has not hit the market yet either and it was announced months before the Raptor.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Are orders for the Raptor even being taken? I thought Ford still had to release pricing etc. Also what about the F-150 Tremor? That still has not hit the market yet either and it was announced months before the Raptor.
Tremor was announced in Dec, available this summer. Same as Raptor.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I talked to my dealer today. Order Banks are not open for the Raptor. He was unsure when they would open. Also unsure if they would be 2021's or 2022's. I guess they know just as much as us, nothing. Lol

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It probably will be a 2022 Model year out sometime in sept/oct of this year. Am going to take the front seat and watch how this show unfolds probably there won't be any hype once the v8 version is out. V6 with 37 is what am after in code orange without the 60's ugly soviet blue interiors.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It probably will be a 2022 Model year out sometime in sept/oct of this year. Am going to take the front seat and watch how this show unfolds probably there won't be any hype once the v8 version is out. V6 with 37 is what am after in code orange without the 60's ugly soviet blue interiors.

Ditto on the 37's with V6. Shooting for Iconic Silver with a simple clean black leather interior. Not a fan of blue interiors, reminds me of my grandfather's Oldsmobile.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% agree. Fords decisions on things are completely baffling. The new leadership either could not have changed course, or they were in agreement with direction. Either way, Ford is quickly becoming ‘Biden Motor Company’. GM and FCA/RAM/Stellantis are actually making what buyers want with a few less issues. Sure, the TRX/RAM has some QC difficulty, but at least it is not pure design failures.

humm, that took a turn. Biden is a vette man but go ahead with your rant.