Gen 3 Pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 17706
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was AM. My wife had a similar color on her Range Rover and it was stunning but people have said it multiple times and trust me on this... Once it gets dirty it looks beat up.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Originally I thought I would go with Oxford White and the black wheels (35), but some of the pics seem a bit bland in white - I thought the black/white contrast with the wheels and trim pieces looked nice on Fords site but the real world pics make me think ehh. Same thoughts on Iconic Silver.
Pics lie. Lighting, camera, post processing, dynamic range enhancement, etc. I still am not convinced that I know what CO will look like in real life. If it's a gen 2 color, look for one and check it out in person. Silver? There's the worst color to capture well with a camera. Sun/shade/artificial lighting/fill flash? What is it reflecting? What color is that and how is that lit? Yikes. And then: Is it a deep metal flake? Or a shiny blob of solder silver?

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was AM. My wife had a similar color on her Range Rover and it was stunning but people have said it multiple times and trust me on this... Once it gets dirty it looks beat up.
Yeah, it was AM. I like Black more. My wife had the AM color in her X5M and I tend to like black more because it looked best at night when it appeared black. My 2016 Truck was black and I loved it! I also like cleaning my cars on the weekends so no big deal keeping it clean.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was AM. I like Black more. My wife had the AM color in her X5M and I tend to like black more because it looked best at night when it appeared black. My 2016 Truck was black and I loved it! I also like cleaning my cars on the weekends so no big deal keeping it clean.
X5M’s look amazing in Marina Bay Blue btw. Really sets them apart from every other German SUV out there.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, all my vehicles are black. Looks very sharp when clean. I also like to clean my trucks/cars so I am cool with having black. I know how to to care of it.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had 14 consecutive black vehicles and 3 at once. I'm too old and lazy to keep 3 black vehicles looking good anymore. So I broke that streak of black vehicles in 2017 with my first gen2 and traded that for my non-black 2020 gen2.
I stopped at the local dealer several times to check out antimater blue. The first few times it was overcast and it looked black to me. I also looked at it when it was sunny and it still looked black from certain angles at some angles I could see a little bit of blue sparkle. I kind of like it but it's too dark for me to maintain.