Gen 3 - Ordering List???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At this point, if they don't come out with a decent bump, it's going to be a let down. Why hold back? They're probably planning on releasing specs on the same day the order banks open.

That would lead me to believe it’s a modest bump at best. Otherwise Ford would be touting it. Is it that hard to squeeze another 50HP 550+TQ and still be in the same mileage ballpark and emissions? This would be an acceptable increase and the same from Gen1 to Gen2 give or take. Unless they are truly putting all the power into the R and let those people who want it, come get it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it that hard to squeeze another 50HP 550+TQ and still be in the same mileage ballpark and emissions?
It might be. I expect the emissions would be the hard part. Seems like if it was easy, it would have been done already. Tuners don't have to worry about emissions, so when they get extra hp, it looks like Ford left money on the table. I'll bet some poor engineering team is sweating blood right now trying to squeeze out enough more horsepower to make it look good on paper.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It might be. I expect the emissions would be the hard part. Seems like if it was easy, it would have been done already. Tuners don't have to worry about emissions, so when they get extra hp, it looks like Ford left money on the table. I'll bet some poor engineering team is sweating blood right now trying to squeeze out enough more horsepower to make it look good on paper.

Attachments

• A65DA719-B1A2-4CE2-84AA-57575EA0A8C5.jpeg
    A65DA719-B1A2-4CE2-84AA-57575EA0A8C5.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 16

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Raptorforum,
Recently I've shifted my goal of finding a clean, well priced gen 2 raptor to now ordering a new gen 3 when it's available. I visited a local ford dealer to me yesterday in hopes of getting my name put down on their list as I've been told that they typically end up getting a few allocations. The salesman mentioned that with so little information currently out on the truck (when/price/specs, etc.) they can't do anything other than contact me when more information has been made available. They seemed to feel that the June 10th order banks were very optimistic. I see quite a few members on this forum indicate that they are not only on a list, but they know exactly where they fall on the list with regards to allocations.

Is this a process that all dealers employ? Should I have pushed harder to be added to a specific list or should I just be reaching out to basically every local ford dealer to better the odds? I know I'm a bit late to the game on this truck and would really like to have the best chances possible of ordering one.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
If you wanna buy from NJ you should give Kevin Crowley at Flemington Ford a call, I spoke with him today about the 3rd Gen Raptors. He said they did not get their allocations yet but they are putting together a list of first come first serve and not many people have put theirs names on the list yet. They are a medium sized dealer so they get a decent allocation and they never charge ADM on any Ford Performance vehicles. Either way they are a no ******** dealer and will give you straight answers.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers are allotted a certain number of Raptors. And they know they can mark up the prices. And they always want one on the lot to bring in buyers that realize they cannot afford one so they end up getting a sport model f150 or a Ranger. Dealers do not want to commit to a customer order especially if they are low volume. Also if you order one... They will not always actually sell it to you. Especially if you don't agree to the after the fact $12k mark up. Buyer beware. But there are great honest dealers out there.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. MSRP no bs
Here ya go! Go get one!!