GEN 3 Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, this is maybe a stupid question, but this is my first truck and I haven’t looked into wheels at all. Mine is having stock base 35”, what would be the best all around wheel-tire combo you would recommend? I’m definitely not knowledgeable about all the tunings…. Appreciate all suggestions including “no this is not for newbie”!
Depends on the look you want. If you're ok with the stance being 1.25" wider per side the +00 wheel are abundant. If you want to keep closer to a factory width you can go with a +18 from a few companies like Raceline or KMC. And the +25's which is a little closer to OEM would be from Method.
+25
17x8.5 +25 A.png
+00
17x8.5 00.jpeg

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is maybe a stupid question, but this is my first truck and I haven’t looked into wheels at all. Mine is having stock base 35”, what would be the best all around wheel-tire combo you would recommend? I’m definitely not knowledgeable about all the tunings…. Appreciate all suggestions including “no this is not for newbie”!
Toyo tires are very popular and something I’ll go back to whether it’s a mud terrain or hybrid AT/MT. The tires the truck comes with is a proven tire but many change it out for something more aggressive.
Wheels, anything around 0 offset sets the stance nicely on these trucks

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the look you want. If you're ok with the stance being 1.25" wider per side the +00 wheel are abundant. If you want to keep closer to a factory width you can go with a +18 from a few companies like Raceline or KMC. And the +25's which is a little closer to OEM would be from Method.
+25
View attachment 382415
+00
View attachment 382416

There is no way those are different offsets as they look identical, The bottom one definitely does not stick out an inch further as the fender sits exactly at the same spot on the tread block of the tires.

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is no way those are different offsets as they look identical, The bottom one definitely does not stick out an inch further as the fender sits exactly at the same spot on the tread block of the tires.
It's the angle. But I promise that's what they are (I sold each customer their wheels) . +00 is roughly flush with the top of the fender but has good amount of poke where the fender tapers to the bumper. And technically the grey truck is running 37x12.50 vs OEM 315 which are a hair wider then the 12.50's but not much. Found this pic of another +00. +00 Left +25 Right. You be the judge

17X8.5 00 A.png17x8.5 +25 A.png

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the angle. But I promise that's what they are (I sold each customer their wheels) . +00 is roughly flush with the top of the fender but has good amount of poke where the fender tapers to the bumper. And technically the grey truck is running 37x12.50 vs OEM 315 which are a hair wider then the 12.50's but not much. Found this pic of another +00. +00 Left +25 Right. You be the judge

View attachment 382546View attachment 382547

Got it, Do both the images above have the same size tire?

I had a Gen2 with 0mm offset methods and 37x12.5x17 BFG KO2 in load range D and rear seemed to stick out too far for my taste. It looked kind of like the landscapers truck and it drove me craze as I regretted getting the 0mm offset wheels, but I have seen a lot of trucks that do run that and dont look as aggressive as mine did.

I attached a pic and the rear offset looks so bad, in my opinion. That and it damn near ripped off my fender flare while flexing the truck off-roading on a hunting trip.

Do you have any images of how the rear offsets look with both offsets on these gen 3s?

Attachments

• IMG_0076.PNG
    IMG_0076.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 126
OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@hyrepower Both trucks in those pics running OEM 315's.
On the GEN3 it's really just the front that has poke with the +00. The +00 on the rear actually looks pretty flush to me.

17x8.5 +00 Rear.jpg

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hyrepower Both trucks in those pics running OEM 315's.
On the GEN3 it's really just the front that has poke with the +00. The +00 on the rear actually looks pretty flush to me.

View attachment 382554

That does, it looks much more flush than on my gen 2.

I was looking to get a set of Icon Vector 6 (6mm offset) or Method 703 (0mm offset) with some BFG Ko2 Load range C in a 37x12.5x17 size.

What do you recommend and can you provide me a package pricing estimate?

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Has anyone run Tis Wheels? I like the 556 AB, they have 17x9 but its negative 12 offset . Seems like too much offset. But I think like mentioned above the Gen 3 fenders are a little wider. I like the fact these look close to the 37 PP color. The other wheel I am considering is the Hostile Crandon is Asphalt. Anyone running these? The Hostiles are 00 offset.