Gen 3 OEM Wheels v. Gen 2 OEM Wheels - what's the deal with the Gen 3 wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kurtj29

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Put them on. Drive the truck. Enjoy life. Don't burn your hand on the headed steering wheel.
If I can’t be OCD about my truck, I will pick something else and that might drive my wife crazy. Hey, at least we have heated steering wheels in our Gen 2’s.

OP
OP
Kurtj29

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that if your not going after market the beadlock capable fits the demeanor of the truck better

On considering this more deeply I think this is key. I thought the stock OEM Raptor wheels that I pictured above fit my Limited very well, for those very same reasons - I don't think they fit the Raptor - in my opinion.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say if I had not found such a great deal on the 19-20 bead lock ready, I would’ve gone with the +25 method beat grips. They cost less than what a lot of people are asking for the OEMs anyway.

UsedRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother in law had the no beadlock rims on his black 17 when he purchased it used. I went to methods and gave him my beadlock capable off my 20. Changed the look and badassery level instantly.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I purchased my Gen 2, I got some Gen 3 OEM wheels I was going to put on my Limited. Now that I have a Gen 2 - I was going to put the Gen 3 wheels on it. But now I am having second thoughts, so I thought I would page through the Gen 3 owners thread to make sure I like the Gen 3 wheels and to my surprise there are very few Gen 3 trucks with the standard stock OEM wheels - most have opted for the beadlock capable wheels. It seems more so than the split between standard wheels on Gen 2's v. upgraded beadlock capable wheels.

So what's the deal with the Gen 3 standard OEM wheels - does everyone hate them?

Gen 3 Wheels:

View attachment 387977

vs Gen 2 Standard Wheels...
View attachment 387976
Because beadlock go better with the truck.....but I hate the clover leaf style of the Gen 3.