Gen 3 - New Look at the Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it looks tehre are 6 sensors, or possibly cameras along the front bumper. The 2021 F150 does not have these. And those yellow things on the bottom are probably tow hooks, but they don't look like tow hook and not sure why they need to be uncovered.

Headlights look to be identical to the F150. The Grill size/shape? Seems to be the same as F150.

If there are pockets in the bumper, they are much smaller this go round.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks tehre are 6 sensors, or possibly cameras along the front bumper. The 2021 F150 does not have these. And those yellow things on the bottom are probably tow hooks, but they don't look like tow hook and not sure why they need to be uncovered.

Headlights look to be identical to the F150. The Grill size/shape? Seems to be the same as F150.

Sensors probably part of the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Those are tow hooks and they are left uncovered so if it breaks down they can load it on the flatbed without taking off the covers.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think more importantly though we get a look at the rear bedside. I was curious where/how they were going to bulge it. One of the big difference from gen1 to gen2 I thought was that they “put in” a crease for the bulge. Looks like they did the same here. Following the same idea as the gen2.

Joey Tee

Reaction score
So looks like it will have front parking sensors, auto folding mirrors and the wide body over the rear wheels looks a bit more pronounced. The “ledge” from the side of the bed to when the body panel starts to curve down back to the wheel well arch seems to be a little bit wider and/or more of a sharp edge. On the Gen 2 it looks like a bit smoother of a wheel well arch / body line.

I wonder if we’ll be able to utilize that extra space in the bed at all or have a storage compartment similar to what some of the Ram models offer.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So looks like it will have front parking sensors, auto folding mirrors and the wide body over the rear wheels looks a bit more pronounced. The “ledge” from the side of the bed to when the body panel starts to curve down back to the wheel well arch seems to be a little bit wider and/or more of a sharp edge. On the Gen 2 it looks like a bit smoother of a wheel well arch / body line.

I wonder if we’ll be able to utilize that extra space in the bed at all or have a storage compartment similar to what some of the Ram models offer.
They will be able to store batteries or inverters for the hybrid models in there, maybe.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still things to be seen, but it appears the overall them of the exterior design was to take Gen 2 specific parts and only modify them enough to fit with the new F150 parts. No new design cues here.

That would mean more unique parts for the Raptor, not shared with the F150. I really doubt they would go that direction.