GEN 2 Gen 3 mule spied

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s why competition might not be a bad thing. When you own the market, you can really control the pricing.

Other than that, what will the Gen 3 be about remains to be seen.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh? It’s gonna be a 700+ HP halo super truck. Nobody is gonna give a shit about rotating the damn tires buddy! RAM is being a lil more realistic in a way w/ their “super truck” while I’m sure it’ll be plenty good off-road it seems like they’re also gearing it towards being a street rod too....do staggered wheels stop people from buying 1st gen SRT8 Jeeps? How bout SRT10 trucks? Vettes? Mustangs? Bimers? Etc.

my question was- do current regular RAM 1/2 tons finally have 6 lugs yet? I remember shopping them a couple years ago & kinda got a chuckle outta that.
Huh? Just because it's a super truck doesn't mean we don't give a shit about rotating tires! Some of these will be daily drivers, like mine would be.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 1 raptor came out in 2010 but the body style started 2009.

Gen 2 raptor came out in 2017 but the body style came out in 2015.

What if this is a trend and the next one will be 3 years, and so on.

We may have one that will
Skip an entire generation...........

Only kidding

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kinda like early 90s sport truck era. GM had the market from 90 to 93 with Syclone/typhoon and 454ss . 1993 Ford came out with lightning 93 to 95 . Then again 1999 to 2004 then Dodge with 2004 -2006 SRT10 trucks. Ram's time will be here shortly Then Gen 3 Raptor in 2023.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let the horsepower wars begin!

Just like like the Stang, Camaro, and Challenger the big three are going at it with trucks now

I`m holding out until the 2024 comes out

Then I can start the loan/payment process all over again

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We saw the gen 2 ecoboost Raptor test mules in 2013 and 14 with the dual tail pipes. It took till end of 2017 for production. We are seeing the same with the current gen 3 test mules. Plus Ford wants to be sure everybody that has a gen 2 is paid off or has a lot of equity to trade up to a GEN 3 . Its all marketing. IF GEN 3 was coming out in 2021, everybody on the fence would be holding out for that . Put a 3 or 4 year gap between production you will ensure all the 2020 are sold at a premium . People will then pay a premium for the Gen3 Raptor. Marketing maximum profits .
It was the end of 2016 that production began.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Huh? Just because it's a super truck doesn't mean we don't give a shit about rotating tires! Some of these will be daily drivers, like mine would be.

What I mean is - just like high performance cars w/ staggered setups - you wanna play you gotta pay type of thing. You want the most performance possible out of a factory vehicle alot of times that means running staggered wheel/tire setups....the 1st gen SRT8 jeep comes to mind, as does every M car, every mustang/camaro/vette etc. The SRT10 Ram. The old ford lightning etc.

My point is - If Ram makes a 700hp TRX truck I'd bet there's a good chance it'll have wider rear tires than front.....& I'm also willing to bet that maybe .0005% of potential buyers would give a damn, maybe you're one of em I guess?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kinda like early 90s sport truck era. GM had the market from 90 to 93 with Syclone/typhoon and 454ss . 1993 Ford came out with lightning 93 to 95 . Then again 1999 to 2004 then Dodge with 2004 -2006 SRT10 trucks. Ram's time will be here shortly Then Gen 3 Raptor in 2023.

Exactly! And that was the Sport street segment back then. The Raptor has surely started the performance off road segment. And as we know have had no equal for 10 years. GM has the Trail Boss now, but it’s something of a mildly modified 4x4 in regards to there lineup. Dodge has the Rebel and Power Wagon(Heavy Duty), but again the Rebel just had some upgrades to it.

I can see Dodge pushing the limit as they have done it, as much or more so than anyone over the years. It will have to be in order to over take the Raptor. They have the Hemi’s and they may take a chance and go full tilt and have this wide bodied truck with suspension as well.

I don’t think Ford will give up the fight though. They already have the Gen2 to build off. Now do they stay true to the EB even in this new Raptor or will it get a blown small V8 or possibly this new large sized heavy duty motor in some form. And don’t forget, there is hybrid. I think Ford has the widest lineup of power plants they can now choose from. Interesting......:smiley-face-popcorn

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I mean is - just like high performance cars w/ staggered setups - you wanna play you gotta pay type of thing. You want the most performance possible out of a factory vehicle alot of times that means running staggered wheel/tire setups....the 1st gen SRT8 jeep comes to mind, as does every M car, every mustang/camaro/vette etc. The SRT10 Ram. The old ford lightning etc.

My point is - If Ram makes a 700hp TRX truck I'd bet there's a good chance it'll have wider rear tires than front.....& I'm also willing to bet that maybe .0005% of potential buyers would give a damn, maybe you're one of em I guess?

How many staggered wheel sized 4x4 off road trucks have you seen before? Either something stock or a complete custom build? I can’t say I have seen this. If you have 700 horse and tons of torque, just put that shit in 4A or 4H if you can’t hook it up.

Not saying a manufacturer may not build something crazy. I just don’t see it in a 4x4 so fast.