GEN 2 Gen 3 mule spied

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While I know Mopar hasn't had quite the exemplary quality control track record over the years......THEY are the company that has been pumping out multiple vehicles w/ crazy HP, full warranties, @ relatively low pricing for quite a while now. While the infotainment system may shit the bed & the door handle may rip off....pretty sure the drivetrain will be fairly stout, they figured out how to mass produce a 700+hp AWD Jeep & warranty that sombitch for 60k too....and you KNOW EVERY SINGLE ONE OF EM gets the WOT mashed off the line treatment every other stop light....

Exactly true! Mopar has been the mass HP producing Kings for many years now. They have found a way since the Hemi to produce them cheap and to pack in gobs of power. They actually have been somewhat cutting edge in ways and not afraid to take chances introducing many new options. I bought the first year Hemi Ram back in the day and it had 20” wheels. Took at least a few years later for other brands to throw big wheels on there trucks. Mind you some of there quality of parts has certainly lacked behind other brands and I can attest to that. But there new features and options are still many and seem to come out before other brands. It’s a tighter race today still.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly true! Mopar has been the mass HP producing Kings for many years now. They have found a way since the Hemi to produce them cheap and to pack in gobs of power. They actually have been somewhat cutting edge in ways and not afraid to take chances introducing many new options. I bought the first year Hemi Ram back in the day and it had 20” wheels. Took at least a few years later for other brands to throw big wheels on there trucks. Mind you some of there quality of parts has certainly lacked behind other brands and I can attest to that. But there new features and options are still many and seem to come out before other brands. It’s a tighter race today still.

Exactly. All big 3.5 (toyota included) have their high points/positives & negatives & the niches that they cater to. To RAM's credit - the IRS, the air ride, the gorgeous interior, the ramboxes in bed, dropping a Viper V10 into a truck w/ a manual tranny, 1000+ TQ, etc.

Sometimes I put it this way- give me a GM Denali HD body, a RAM interior, a Cummins diesel, the Allison tranny, a Ford rear end/suspension, & the best combo of options/gadgets outta all of em & you'd have the perfect vehicle lol

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read an article from motor1. Com that said this...

And for the F-150 Raptor fans, the performance off-road truck will return with the F-150’s redesign and go on sale in the summer of 2021.

I don't know anything about motor1 but maybe someone else knows if they are a reliable source.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And for the F-150 Raptor fans, the performance off-road truck will return with the F-150’s redesign and go on sale in the summer of 2021.

I don't know anything about motor1 but maybe someone else knows if they are a reliable source.

Not sure but keeping an eye out for intel on the next generation truck.

Really hoping ford fixes all the things I keep reading about on the Forum. All I see is whistle sound this oil consumption that cam phaser, second lemon law. I’m not trolling here just speaking my mind. My buddy down the street had cam phaser issues in his 18 he bought new, so it’s not just people on the forum vocalizing the issues. Not sure if it’s bc of the 6 or if ford is just cutting corners to save money?

I really want another raptor but ford is not making it easy for me to get excited about getting one..especially at a low to mid $70,000 price point. A lot of really nice vehicles in that 70-80k range.

Back when I was looking to sell my 2010 king ranch and get into my 14 raptor I was super excited, did a ton of research and continued getting excited all the way up to when I took delivery of my order. Now I feel like I’m forcing myself to continue.

I say all this hoping ford people are on here reading comments. I remember back in 13 when I ordered my gen 1 there was a lady from ford that was super helpful giving updates on deliver dates and providing updates on my order.

I no longer have a ford. And honestly the only ford I see myself getting back into is a Raptor. If I decide not to get a raptor and still want a truck...Ram rebel..$20-25 cheaper...leveled on 33s (what I did to my king ranch) nice interior air suspension, 5.7...Sorry ford but your slipping

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what to tell you. Has been issues with some trucks, but I’m sure the majority are running well. I hear the cam phaser issue has certainly been corrected from ‘19 up and hopefully most of the bugs being the Gen2 has now been out several years. Normally the last year or two of a particular generation of vehicle is the best. It has had time to be refined. Still early yet for ‘19s and ‘20s but time will tell.

Nobody wants to make a bad choice purchase, but nobody should live scared and never jump in if it’s what you want. I guess sometimes you gotta take a chance if it looks good overall.

I found this truck to stand out in the light truck market for various reasons. True you can get a heavy duty for this price or a fancy decked out Denali or something. I went for the rugged runner!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Highly doubt that timeline. I don't see a new gen raptor until '22 or '23 but I guess anything is possible.

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt that timeline. I don't see a new gen raptor until '22 or '23 but I guess anything is possible.
I agree. I thought it seemed awfully fast given the couple year lag with the Gen 1 and 2.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We saw the gen 2 ecoboost Raptor test mules in 2013 and 14 with the dual tail pipes. It took till end of 2017 for production. We are seeing the same with the current gen 3 test mules. Plus Ford wants to be sure everybody that has a gen 2 is paid off or has a lot of equity to trade up to a GEN 3 . Its all marketing. IF GEN 3 was coming out in 2021, everybody on the fence would be holding out for that . Put a 3 or 4 year gap between production you will ensure all the 2020 are sold at a premium . People will then pay a premium for the Gen3 Raptor. Marketing maximum profits .