GEN 2 Gen 3 mule spied

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

For 2021, I could see Ford doing something different on the suspension. Mostly because the 19-20 models are essentially the same and to be frank, much hasn't changed since the 17-18 models besides the Live Fox Shocks and some interior options. However, I wouldn't expect much to be different besides the suspension and maybe some tech/interior options because Ford has never did anything drastic to the Raptor in-between model years (whether Gen 1 or Gen 2).

A Gen 3 Raptor is a couple years out because of the new upcoming generation F150 being in the works. I wouldn't expect Ford to do anything to the powertrain until then (whether electric, V6, or V8). They are not going to do something that would undermine the hype of the Gen 3.

Bad V2

Reaction score
Remember guys, for those that like to boogie in the rough stuff at speed and really use their trucks, these linked rear ends are not that easy to modify. Hasn't been that great for the newer Dodge 2500's( I'm a DTX member too) Rear geometries have to be dialed if you want more travel and big boy shocks. Bed cage? Good luck. Plus, there will be more maintenance with all the moving parts compared to leaf sprung trucks. But, on the other side of the coin, for the rest of the peeps that daily drive and mostly street their trucks, the coils do ride better for sure. It will be interesting.

Raptor.CoilSusp02.KGP_.jpg[/QUOTE]

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess anything is possible but it would seem odd to me for them to put a totally new and different suspension into the same gen truck. Even so, I think I want to wait on anything new for a couple of years to get some of the kinks out.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree 100%.

Some little birdies told me the 2021 Raptor will indeed have a revised rear suspension. No, there will not be a V8. But expect to see coil springs on the rear.

I didn’t say anything about a V8, think you quoted the wrong person.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is zero chance that a completely revised rear suspension is going to be considered a gen 2.

There is zero chance that this is a correct statement.

Good chance there is suspension changes for 2021, but zero chance for Gen 3 in 2021

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess anything is possible but it would seem odd to me for them to put a totally new and different suspension into the same gen truck. Even so, I think I want to wait on anything new for a couple of years to get some of the kinks out.

not if they plan on using it in more models of the next gen F150/expedition etc. - makes sense to tease/debut that tech in the later model years of a “halo” vehicle like the Raptor gauge interest, help dial in the tech in the real world too as a guinea pig unfortunately, but common among all the automakers- like GM adding magnetic ride shocks to the 03-04 Vette before they became commonplace in their higher end vehicles to where they put em in pickups now. I think that powerful hybrid powertrain in the new Aviator is a similar example of teasing a new tech in only a small potion of the vehicle lineup before potentially implementing it into a broader array of their products.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is zero chance that this is a correct statement.

Good chance there is suspension changes for 2021, but zero chance for Gen 3 in 2021

That logically doesn’t make sense. If the chance for suspension changes (coils) are merely “good” for 2021 and not 100% then your opening statement about my statement cannot be true. Meaning, it cannot be zero like you state.

I never said anything about a gen 3 in 2021