Gen 3 in Baja

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got about 9k on my 22, and it's seen plenty of Baja miles. Figured I'd snap a few pics from one of my latest adventures south to surf some of my favorite spots. Next mods up are split console safe, BD pro fog lights and a Diamond Back cover. My jeep would give me micro concussions on the trails, lol. The raptor is really in a class of its own. Sorry to all the 23 people out there without the heated steering wheel. Love the seats and wheel heated after getting out of cold water. For those wondering, I always stop at the Starbucks in Ensenada before I head further south.

IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2656.JPG
IMG_2670.JPGIMG_2674.JPGIMG_2688.JPG

Last edited:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any issues with sketchy gas at the local Pemex? The farther south you get, the less reliable fuel can be; at least during the big offroad races.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any issues with sketchy gas at the local Pemex? The farther south you get, the less reliable fuel can be; at least during the big offroad races.
I've never had any issues down there. Luckily, Chevron has thrown alot of money around and you can find stations usually. I just always take the approach of stop before you need it if you find a busy station.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta say, the more Baja pics I see on this forum the greater the need I feel to make it a routine trip for myself (and the ol lady). Haven't been yet but I def plan on it.
But I'm going to make sure I finish my long gun retrofit compartment first!

Want to make that trip at some point myself. But haven't for similar reasons.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pemex was the only choice years ago when gas was subsidized by the government. They have since made it an open market and there are all types of stations down there now like Arco, BP, and Chevron to name a few. Since most of these stations are new construction, the storage tanks in the ground are new and therefore don't have rust and other particles in them like an old station would. For the most part, I never fill up at a Pemex unless there are no other options. The BP gas stations are called VIP, and they have my favorite beer, so I am always there filling both the raptor and my tank/cooler :cheers:

Believe it or not I did have to get a few gallons from this place years back when I didn't calculate my range correctly. This 36 gallon tank is a huge advantage down here over my Jeep's 22. I would always need the spare Rotopax tanks for certain trips with the jeep. Not anymore!

IMG_2654.jpg

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jealous that Baja is so accessible for you. Gotta say though...those roads are in better shape than most of the paved city streets in my area.
Yea this wasn't a true off road trip for the most part. Lots of maintained back roads and sand. I will say I drive these trails in 4 high over switching into the "off Road" mode on the dial. The dial mode makes the RPM's too high for such an easy road.

Last edited: