Gen 3 Final Power Numbers.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford says there is more torque delivered under the curve is what I heard. I thought it was odd the non HO 3.5TT was upped to 425HP and 475TQ and that’s in a lighter truck then the Raptor. It’s the only Gen Raptor that may not be the fastest Ford pickup of all the trim level’s.
This wasn’t true for the last 2 yrs 2019 and 2020 . The f150 limited was the fastest. It has the same motor but lighter weight

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This wasn’t true for the last 2 yrs 2019 and 2020 . The f150 limited was the fastest. It has the same motor but lighter weight
True! But it had the 3.5 HO. I would hate to see a 3.5 non HO in a plain SCREW F-150 be quicker. While the truck always being quick was a big
Plus. It’s not really it’s purpose to be a straight line on road drag racer anyhow. It would just be a shame if it does fall further down in this area, compared to the rest of the lineup.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’ve always recommended premium for their turbo motors. But it’s not necessary as the computer is adaptive. And as a tech already posted on the forum somewhere else they have to be able to run on any gas available in markets they are sold. So they have to run on good gas and crappy Chinese gas all the same.
I thought that as well but according to that chart on page one it’s showing just regular gas for the 2.7, 3.5 and 3.5 PB not premium. Only premium on the 3.5 HO.
Anyone know where that chart came from? seems to have different HP and TQ figures than what Ford is showing on their website too.

Last edited:

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford says there is more torque delivered under the curve is what I heard. I thought it was odd the non HO 3.5TT was upped to 425HP and 475TQ and that’s in a lighter truck then the Raptor. It’s the only Gen Raptor that may not be the fastest Ford pickup of all the trim level’s.
It’s actually 400 hp and 510 tq. Not a whole lot separating the regular F150 to the Raptor anymore

Attachments

• 0E75261D-269D-40FE-84A5-EAC2C61A0AFC.png
    0E75261D-269D-40FE-84A5-EAC2C61A0AFC.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 9

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s actually 400 hp and 510 tq. Not a whole lot separating the regular F150 to the Raptor anymore
My bad. But that’s basically what I was trying to express. F-150 numbers are improved. On paper they are very close and let’s say the standard 3.5 in an F-150 Tremor is probably going to be neck and neck with a Raptor I would imagine. Now this would be on road. Surely not off. But I can only gather Ford is also resting on this and what the Raptor is about “off-road”.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I now def do think there’s a possibility Ford got cute & bolted “GT sized” turbos on this version of the 3.5 HO hence why the premium fuel requirement & if that’s the case an aftermarket tune would net an even bigger bump in power w/ a tune (& would help in reducing turbo lag etc)

we will see

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I now def do think there’s a possibility Ford got cute & bolted “GT sized” turbos on this version of the 3.5 HO hence why the premium fuel requirement & if that’s the case an aftermarket tune would net an even bigger bump in power w/ a tune (& would help in reducing turbo lag etc)

we will see
Chances are……….But Ford admitting to a retune of the motor and being able to deliver more bottom end TQ because the the 5 link can handle it better. Peak numbers are also higher in the rpm range. Current tunes on Gen 2’s can do this all day long and then some with stock turbos. But would Ford rather have larger turbos have an easier life and not work as hard? Would they run cooler? All possibilities. I think it’s known these engines have power numbers you don’t tune past or you could be on borrowed time. Might be a rush revving to that max number though lol

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

we will see
Being the cynical **** that I am, it wouldn't surprise me if Ford did that knowing that folks would tune. And they have that fancy new tech to track things like tunes ... I forecast a drop in warranty expense.

Edit to add: t u r d? Really.