Gen 3 Exhaust Sound Took a Video - Got to hear it in person!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck sounds much better! I can't wait to hear it in person.
I can't believe how torqued up people get about some blue material in the seats. It's almost like they are looking for an out, then scream out loud they won't buy it. I've seen red and orange in raptor seats. lol. If the whole interior was skinned with the finest killer whale ********, people would complain that it's actually a dolphin. :)
Yeah the blue looks much better than the orange accent seats in the early gen 2 trucks IMO. I get that a lot of people wish they just had a choice of what color interior they get with the 37’s though.

I’ll be taking the Recaros though as they are a superior quality seat to the standard seat. I also want 37’s. I’m just torn on what exterior color to get

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe how torqued up people get about some blue material in the seats. It's almost like they are looking for an out, then scream out loud they won't buy it. I've seen red and orange in raptor seats. lol. If the whole interior was skinned with the finest killer whale ********, people would complain that it's actually a dolphin. :)
This is so true. I thought the exact same thing, people looking for an out because that particular package happens to be almost $10,000.
Or, maybe it's understandable that when someone is paying $90k+ on a new truck, they'd like to have the option to select what color interior they get. It's not just "some blue accent material on the seats"; it's the entire interior... doors, dash, floors.
Let me ask you this, if they said you have to get blue exterior if you want 37s, would it still be unbelievable that some people are torqued they're forcing a color on you to get 37s?
Seems like a legit gripe to me.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Or, maybe it's understandable that when someone is paying $90k+ on a new truck, they'd like to have the option to select what color interior they get. It's not just "some blue accent material on the seats"; it's the entire interior... doors, dash, floors.
Let me ask you this, if they said you have to get blue exterior if you want 37s, would it still be unbelievable that some people are torqued they're forcing a color on you to get 37s?
Kind of jumped the shark a bit. I do not equate interior trim accents to exterior paint color.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It comes down to personal preference. Some people really like the blue.

An option would be nice though. Everyone just needs to wait and see how it looks in person. Pics never do these types of things justice. I know I had the blue Recaros in my Gen 2 and they were a very dark blue they looked black at night.

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of jumped the shark a bit. I do not equate interior trim accents to exterior paint color.
That was part of my point, it's not just "interior trim accents". I'd be cool with blue accents. In addition to the entire surface of the seats (aside from the orange threads), the doors, the dash, the headliner, the floor... every surface of the interior, not just a couple tasteful accents.
It's cool if you dig it, but I get why others (myself included) aren't excited about being forced into blue interior (every interior surface) if they want 37s. It's a lot of money... and I'm not into the blue.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you’re a real fanboy, you bleed blue, Ford blue. I predict that everyone who forks over $90k to get the 37s will, after the fact, claim to love the blue interior. The alternative is to admit that you paid out the nose for something ugly. The old self esteem isn’t going to put up with that.

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It comes down to personal preference. Some people really like the blue.

An option would be nice though. Everyone just needs to wait and see how it looks in person. Pics never do these types of things justice. I know I had the blue Recaros in my Gen 2 and they were a very dark blue they looked black at night.
I get that some people like the blue, and I'm cool with that. It's just not my style. I'm more of a Blacked out guy. Some nice blue accents? Right on. But, every interior surface is blue.
I will check it out in person, but the entire blue interior is just not my style. Spending that much money on a new truck, yeah, I'm bummed Ford doesn't give me an option if I want 37s.
Doesn't make sense, to me, that 37s are tied to Blue interior (not just a couple nice blue accents; every interior surface is blue).

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score

Previous iterations of Raptor interiors were different - the colors were used as accents, not the main event. Literally every surface in the G3 interior above the seat level is blue.

The all-blue seats, by themselves, MIGHT have been tolerable. But then add in blue dash, blue trim, blue door panels, etc.. it's too much. Why stare at something you dislike the whole time you're driving?

As for "looking for an out", I think that's oversimpliflying it. But the reality is that some people upset over the interior are spelling "out" as "TRX", and that's a blemish on Ford.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
If you’re a real fanboy, you bleed blue, Ford blue. I predict that everyone who forks over $90k to get the 37s will, after the fact, claim to love the blue interior. The alternative is to admit that you paid out the nose for something ugly. The old self esteem isn’t going to put up with that.

This has already started to happen on this forum. Lots of "it's growing on me" and "it's not that bad" and "it totally looks darker in person" and "I swear blue and orange were my fave colors long before this" going on lately.