Gen 3 Exhaust Sound Took a Video - Got to hear it in person!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the blue looks much better than the orange accent seats in the early gen 2 trucks IMO. I get that a lot of people wish they just had a choice of what color interior they get with the 37’s though.

I’ll be taking the Recaros though as they are a superior quality seat to the standard seat. I also want 37’s. I’m just torn on what exterior color to get
That is the best part, going back n forth on the color. I always think, in five years am I going to be tired of looking at it. If not, I am good. That is why so many pick black, leadfoot etc.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the packages are what they are until the half way point of the MY lifecycle and the refresh comes in. When I got my ‘19, that’s when updates took place and ‘20s had the tech package integrated into the 802A. Not good news for people looking to buy the first year or two. But hey this is the 2020’s era and maybe Ford will be more dynamic come year to year and change up options.

BTW I really like the 802A leather seats. Super comfy to me and the black looks great! But I know that won’t get you a 37 package.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the best part, going back n forth on the color. I always think, in five years am I going to be tired of looking at it. If not, I am good. That is why so many pick black, leadfoot etc.

That is exactly why I ordered LF instead of CO. 5 years from now when the hype of the Gen 3 has died down I won’t have a bright red/orange Raptor. However deep down inside a small part of me still wishes I would have ordered CO.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is exactly why I ordered LF instead of CO. 5 years from now when the hype of the Gen 3 has died down I won’t have a bright red/orange Raptor. However deep down inside a small part of me still wishes I would have ordered CO.
Congrats and good for you! The Leadfoot is a great color! I was super close to getting one for the Gen 3 so i would have twin leadfoots posted up in the garage but ended up ordering the white last week. I figured the white over the recaro's blue would be a good contrast! Either way none of the colors suck! But i feel you on the Orange. A little too flashy for my taste!

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
As much as I hate the blue, I have a feeling I won’t see the blue when I smash the go pedal in an R.
I would pay for someone to swap a V8 into my Gen 2 before I paid 100k+ on a Raptor R with that disgusting blue interior.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and good for you! The Leadfoot is a great color! I was super close to getting one for the Gen 3 so i would have twin leadfoots posted up in the garage but ended up ordering the white last week. I figured the white over the recaro's blue would be a good contrast! Either way none of the colors suck! But i feel you on the Orange. A little too flashy for my taste!

I agree with the flashy part. If it wasn’t my daily I’d have no problem getting the Orange. But I don’t really want to be “seen” all the time when I’m driving.

Chuck D

Reaction score
It has more red than tangerine in it for sure. Not a lot of metal flake either. One with graphics, the other without them, both 37's in orange, The other one was a blue color, just didn't do it for me. Graphics delete is the way I will be ordering ours! Looks a lot better, but that is personal opinion.
Can you clarify for me? You didn't like the orange, or the blue?

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you clarify for me? You didn't like the orange, or the blue?
Subjective and complete personal opinion. If I had to choose between the two orange all day. Blue truck had the basic interior without recaros. If I had to choose it would be orange over blue. But I ordered white ‍♂️
In the launch photos orange looked amazing and we were sold on it. But in person just didn’t check my boxes? But color is all personal taste.