Gen 3 Common issues we are now seeing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This. Service departments make way more profit than new car sales. Or used car sales. Or financing. The ideal SA, from management perspective, is one who can sell lots of unnecessary service. "Look at this! Your transmission fluid. Notice how it smells bad. You need to take care of it now!" (It always smells bad) Pushing out warranty service pumps the profit margin because warranty pays the least. Lying to delay warranty work makes the dealership more money sooner. If the customer gets frustrated and avoids bringing other warranty work in, even better. Most SAs are on commission. The honest ones get pushed out or make so little money they leave. It's one place where you want the FNG on your team. The greenest kid around.
exactly!!!!

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the call and they fixed my Raptor! yay! Took 10 Business days including Saturday to get my Raptor back.. waiting on parts mostly.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still no explanation on the disabled trucks after driving through water?

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just here to share that my 21 "COVID cursed truck", now with ~30k on it and pretty regular off-road use, has had exactly zero issues.

We had an absurd winter here with tons of wet snow and then mud...not a single problem. This truck rules.

Carry on.

CarNDrvr

Reaction score
2023 Raptor here. Bought it last week. Yesterday at 293 miles on the truck I did a remote start and it started up running very rough with service engine lights on. It wouldn’t go over 8mph so I’m assuming limp mode. Turned it off then restarted normally and it was fine. Engine light gone. Took to the dealer and they saw a P2101 throttle code error had happened. Hasn’t happened since but then again it’s only been a day.

Last edited:

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 4 month-ish update. Just over 2k miles today and I have had ZERO issues so far.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing here but a single loud POP from the B&O stereo two days ago or so. Other than that, it's been pure bliss.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has been pretty much flawless as well. Only recurring issue is my stereo will stop playing music, phone calls, etc altogether randomly, and won't reset without 30 minute timeout. I'd still prefer that to the 150 dB shock some of you got .

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought i read somewhere that they had a fix for the speaker problem, or an update or something