Gen 3 Caution: Tailgate Removal and Battery changing causing issues: Fixed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Line-X is a much better way to go, they also don't cover the bolts up with spray like Ford does, Line-X for the win.

Better product and better process.

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line-X is a much better way to go, they also don't cover the bolts up with spray like Ford does, Line-X for the win.

Better product and better process.
I’ve been extremely pleased with Line x over the years.
never had an issue with anything I’ve had done. My local guy cares and does things right.

factory liners are a convince for sure, but as I stated previously I’ve had issue with Ford liners as of late.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
I removed the tailgate for a camper install disconnecting the rear camera. I plan on installing a camera relocation kit. I have the 360 cam tech package Dealer advised me that each time the back up camera is disconnected , the system needs to be re-calibrated at a cost of $160.00. Also, the adaptive cruise control will stop working until the system is recalibrated. The back up beeping sensors continue to work and the other side and front cameras continue to work.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the tailgate for a camper install disconnecting the rear camera. I plan on installing a camera relocation kit. I have the 360 cam tech package Dealer advised me that each time the back up camera is disconnected , the system needs to be re-calibrated at a cost of $160.00. Also, the adaptive cruise control will stop working until the system is recalibrated. The back up beeping sensors continue to work and the other side and front cameras continue to work.
Does anyone know if disconnecting the battery prior to tailgate removal would avoid these issues?

DMCM35

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disconnected battery and removed battery to get to upfitter switch wiring harness located under battery tray. It did not cause any computer problems.

NC_Raptor

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is still a problem, or did Ford write some new software to correct this issue? Pretty silly as the owners manual doesn't really go into detail with any special procedures to remove the tailgate other than the standard things you would have to do.