Gen 3 Caution: Tailgate Removal and Battery changing causing issues: Fixed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuck D

Reaction score
Yeah I think my dealer is just good people. But I also didn’t make a big deal about telling them why I suspected it occurred, so maybe that had something to do with it

And the gauge thing could be a fluke. Who knows. We’ll see if it continues to work properly.
What dealer? I'm in the Denver area too.

Chuck D

Reaction score
Brighton Ford (where I bought it). Great guys there.
LOL... I had to call 15 dealers until I found Brighton Ford. I took delivery last week from them. They are awesome. I was tired of getting jacked around on the south side of Denver.

JCO

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL... I had to call 15 dealers until I found Brighton Ford. I took delivery last week from them. They are awesome. I was tired of getting jacked around on the south side of Denver.
Ha! Same ...so many shady dealers. Lucky to have found them.

Were you order 501?

Chuck D

Reaction score
Ha! Same ...so many shady dealers. Lucky to have found them.

Were you order 501?
006. Marc ordered it in June. Loaded iconic on 35's, no stickers. Im going to Castle Rock tomorrow for Line X. I hope they can do it without removing the gate.

JCO

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
006. Marc ordered it in June. Loaded iconic on 35's, no stickers. Im going to Castle Rock tomorrow for Line X. I hope they can do it without removing the gate.
Nice! Marc helped me out too. I thought maybe you were next to me in the queue given delivery dates. I was 500. My buddy is 502 and getting built this week hopefully.

I would just tell them not to turn the truck on with the tailgate removed or it costs them $300 to fix haha.

Drew helped me out at LineX Denver. I called him to tell him about the issue so they could make note not to do it anymore. Luckily I didn’t have to call him back to ask him to pay for the fix.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
240 charged to linex Dealer? What a bunch of BS. Can’t believe Ford wouldn’t warranty that.