gen 3 bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my gen 2, I had SVC bump stops installed and they kept the truck safe and controlled on bottom outs. I see there are a few less options out there for the gen 3. RPG and Foutz offer bump stops. I don't see any posts on here about folks installing bump stops. Can anyone weigh in on whether these are a good idea, and which one to get?

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New truck has much better rear suspension with more travel, so it isn't quite as necessary to have hydraulic bumps as before. However definitely an upgrade. If you want something now, why not just get the RPG setup?

OP
OP
R

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely curious what SVC will come up with. That said, I would love to hear now from anyone who has run the existing offerings (RPG, Foutz, etc.) and can comment on improvements. Or, curious of guys who had air bump stops on prior gen 1 and 2 trucks, have run the gen 3 hard, and have decided to not get bump stops for the gen 3.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the RPG frame support kit with FOX bump stops. The bumps move when doing track days. I can tell by the dust lines on the bump shafts. I've got mine set to 100 psi and I'm still only using about half of the 2.5" travel of the bumps. They really take the harshness out of landing. I recall jumping a stock truck at Raptor Assault on a pretty mild jump and feeling the landing. It was still smooth, but you knew you were in the air and landed. The jumps I've since done in my truck are bigger, where I'm jumping higher and further, yet they don't feel as harsh. I chalk that up to these bumps slowing things down before reaching full travel. I should add that my first track day was after I had the bump stop kit installed.

Some more info on this topic in this thread:

OP
OP
R

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @dirtlvr that's good info, and totally lines up with my 2019 experience. Do you have stock coilovers and rear shocks on your gen 3?

Hoping others still chime in with their thoughts and experiences!

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this because I’m curious if anyone has some new thoughts or feedback on these. Now that it’s back to warm and dry I’ve been hammering on the truck a little and am feeling something to help keep the truck off the bottom and soften the big impacts would be good.

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this because I’m curious if anyone has some new thoughts or feedback on these. Now that it’s back to warm and dry I’ve been hammering on the truck a little and am feeling something to help keep the truck off the bottom and soften the big impacts would be good.

Should hopefully have impressions soon. Ordered the RPG bump stop kit for mine.