Gen 3 broke down with 184 miles TSB done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jguerra004

Reaction score
Well my new truck broke down with 184 miles last week and I picked up the truck today. Apparently they performed a TSB, info attached, and replaced the battery. Time will tell if this fixes the issue and I think for myself this could be reoccurring as I only drive the truck once every few weeks. Something tells me the battery is being drained while garaged over an extended period of time. I was glad to have this forum as the dealership was completely in the dark and didn’t have any idea of known issues as they only sold 4 new 2021 raptors and I’m the only local buyer.

Attachments

• BFA9E93B-2C41-4347-9BC7-46A3BE82FBE6.jpeg
    BFA9E93B-2C41-4347-9BC7-46A3BE82FBE6.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 6BD70FA8-665A-4EC5-B367-F09F2628C5CF.jpeg
    6BD70FA8-665A-4EC5-B367-F09F2628C5CF.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 161

Crool88

Reaction score
Well my new truck broke down with 184 miles last week and I picked up the truck today. Apparently they performed a TSB, info attached, and replaced the battery. Time will tell if this fixes the issue and I think for myself this could be reoccurring as I only drive the truck once every few weeks. Something tells me the battery is being drained while garaged over an extended period of time. I was glad to have this forum as the dealership was completely in the dark and didn’t have any idea of known issues as they only sold 4 new 2021 raptors and I’m the only local buyer.
Do you park inside or outside? You could set up a recurring scheduled start in the Ford Pass app. It will automatically stop the truck after 15 minutes. Or get a battery tender if you park indoors. Just thoughts. Hopefully they fixed the issue.

I noticed the paperwork mentioned doors not closing all the way. That's been a problem with my truck. It takes more effort to close all 4 doors than my last two F150's. Always going back for a second attempt. I was thinking its from the weather seals but the paperwork talks about door alignment. My doors appear to be aligned based on panel gap.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you only drive it once every few weeks you should invest in a battery maintainer. Just be sure it’s compatible with AGM batteries. It will drastically extend the life of your battery; every time charge gets low the battery life is reduced.

Just_in_time

Reaction score
I left my gen 2 2019 the first year for 3 months in the garage - no problem. The 2nd year I did it again - huge problem. The battery measured 3 volts - I put my charger on and got it up to 9 volts after a few days and gave up on it. Without any proof I blame the incident on firmware changes….since nothing else was different.

I replaced the battery with a new Motorcraft battery and I won’t let it sit again like that.

murphyraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned off my greeting lights because every time I walk by the truck with the keys all the lights come on. Also gonna hook up a tender overnight once a month to be safe. A lot of electronics to drain the battery on these new vehicles

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I read the attached info, it indicates the battery drain is caused by misalighned doors that allow the zone lighting to stay on. if that is fixed, you should be fine however if you are driving your truck only every few weeks, unless you are driving it a significant distance , the battery will not be getting a full charge and over time, will need to be jumped. I woud follow the advice of others and get a trickle charge ..... they are pretty cheap

Bugzuki

Reaction score
I could drive it twice a week for you to make sure everything is working and that it still jumps good. That should keep the battery charged.

ba123

Reaction score
I have one of these for a car I don’t drive much. It’s awesome and I have an arm battery in there. Works for it, just have to select the right mode.

This one is no longer available, but I’m sure they have an updated one.