(Gen 3) Baja Designs Dual 10” Onyx 6 Behind The Grill Kit Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rappin37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same brackets behind my grill ,

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpeg
    IMG_0157.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 52

sfpoerccieasl

Reaction score
I wanted to share a few photos to complement the information/media that Baja Designs has posted for this kit.

I opted for this kit over the triple fog light kits that are also available for the Gen 3 Raptor from quite a few manufacturers.

Baja Designs incudes some pretty stout brackets that bolt into the factory grill shutter mounting points. You then mount the light bar universal brackets to the supplied brackets from BD.

The wiring harness is top notch and didn’t need any modification whatsoever. You can use any auxiliary wire from your upfitter switches per the Baja Designs supplied instructions.

From my understanding, the use of the relay removes the danger of having a higher power light setup like dual Onyx 6 bars exceed the capacity of the factory upfitter switch amp rating.

I posted the upfitter switch wire information for your quick reference.

I ran a single 10” Onyx6 on my last Gen 2 Raptor in the lower grill and wasn’t very impressed.

The higher mounting location of this kit is a game changer with great light output. I am very satisfied with the quality and simplicity of this kit.
Got a few pics of it on the truck, with the lights off?

Any showing beam throw with just high beams on vs with the Onx6's on too? I want this setup over the 6x Squadrons but fear want be enough beam throw with the grill interference. I can't kind find many pics/vids people running these, tons running the 6 squads though.

Also, are you saying you wired these 2 together on one Aux switch and they work fine? or on 2 separate ones? Seem's these 2 combined are over 15 amps

Last edited: