Gen 3 amber parking lights flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I as well! Just fired it up again this morning, no flicker, usually it started within the first minute…I’m very optimistic that it has been resolved.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2022-2022 Ford F150
Production Dates : MAR 11, 2022 - JUL 23, 2022
77,804 F150 vehicles are affected.

The frequency of operation of the LED driver module is currently 200Hz. At 200Hz, the lamp is susceptible to flickering due to insufficient capacitance on the capacitor when operating between 2.95 and 3.14 volts and the lamp has LED string voltage greater than 12.5 volts.

The remedy component is an LED driver module (NC5A-13B626-FB) with updated software. The software update increases the frequency of operation of the LED driver module from 200Hz to 400Hz. The lamp is susceptible to flickering due to insufficient capacitance at the 200 Hz voltage on the capacitor when operating between 2.95 and 3.14 volts and a lamp with LED string voltage greater than 12.5 volts. Increasing the frequency of operation to 400HZ reduces the required capacitance more than 50%. This allows the lamp to operate without flickering.

Attachments

• RCLRPT-22V686-3271.PDF
    239.3 KB · Views: 30

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, I just took delivery on 3 Aug of my 22...Doing the same exact thing. When it turns on after a little time it flickers, then it doesn't do it again until you recycle the lights.....I don't dare take it to the dealer because to remove that assembly, the whole front has to be removed, Lower Valance, Front Fender Flares, Grille, etc...Not wanting any collateral damage....I can live with it...LOL Same Color, Atlas Blue....Although the same light as the DRL, only does it when the Parking lights are turned on either by the switch or door opening. Does not flicker with the DRL on which is brighter....hmmmm. At first, i thought it was a data upload or something like your modem flashing or something...I'm glad it's happening to others because now I don't necessarily feel like my truck is broke...just an anomaly. If anyone is brave enough to let a dealer troubleshoot and attempt to repair, please share your terror, i mean fix... lol..
FWIW, if the issue really bugs you and you don't want to take it to the dealer, the whole front comes of the truck in about 15 minutes. I just did it to install a light bar. Now that I know how to do it, I could probably steal the whole front end from your truck in about 10 minutes.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022-2022 Ford F150
Production Dates : MAR 11, 2022 - JUL 23, 2022
77,804 F150 vehicles are affected.

The frequency of operation of the LED driver module is currently 200Hz. At 200Hz, the lamp is susceptible to flickering due to insufficient capacitance on the capacitor when operating between 2.95 and 3.14 volts and the lamp has LED string voltage greater than 12.5 volts.

The remedy component is an LED driver module (NC5A-13B626-FB) with updated software. The software update increases the frequency of operation of the LED driver module from 200Hz to 400Hz. The lamp is susceptible to flickering due to insufficient capacitance at the 200 Hz voltage on the capacitor when operating between 2.95 and 3.14 volts and a lamp with LED string voltage greater than 12.5 volts. Increasing the frequency of operation to 400HZ reduces the required capacitance more than 50%. This allows the lamp to operate without flickering.
So 86,000 potential impacted trucks, and 1% were expected to be affected. Glad to be amongst the 860 lol

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
FWIW, if the issue really bugs you and you don't want to take it to the dealer, the whole front comes of the truck in about 15 minutes. I just did it to install a light bar. Now that I know how to do it, I could probably steal the whole front end from your truck in about 10 minutes.
LOL, I asked if I could do that and replace it myself, was told no by the dealer...I actully had to show the Tech how to do it.....WTF?

ivass

Reaction score
Because of this recall, my dealer would not let me have my truck. Build 7/22/22 just arrived in the dealership 11/01/22. The dealer tells me that they cannot deliver it to me until there is a resolution from Ford. Software update "should" be ready Jan 23. I ordered my truck 11/15/21. Already waited for a year, and am pissed that I have to wait more. The recall mentions that they have to reprogram or replace the module. If they don't have software, why don't they just replace the part? Any idea how I can accelerate me delivery?

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something doesn’t smell right here.

Compliance with Recall Notice 22C22 doesn’t prevent the sale of your Raptor. No where contained within the Safety Recall does it explicitly state a Stop Sale notification. Your dealer has NO grounds to NOT deliver your Raptor to you.

Last edited: