Gen 3 amber parking lights flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates with this issue, I noticed mine doing it last night as well, drivers side only. Headlights illuminated, auto position, running, and it stopped about 3-4 minutes later.

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
Mine only does it when the parking lights are turned on or a door is open with the entry lights on which also lights the same parking light; and its only momentarily and stops. It does not do it when the DRL is illuminated, (Same Light, Just Brighter). Nor does it seem to do it while running. It only comes on after turning on for a few seconds, then it stops until the light is recycled, either parking or entry, then does it again and stops and stays illuminated. So, I noticed my battery was a bit low, only have drove it back from the dealer and been in and out of it a few times tinkering. So, I put a charger on it for a day, and I could not get it to duplicate again so far, knock on wood. So, based on this, if I had to throw 2 cents out there, I would say there is a slight chance it has something to do with a low battery and frequency needed for a LED Diode? that is a swag. I am waiting for someone who stated they are having the light replaced to see if that's the issue. Sometime driving for short trips doesn't fully charge your battery back, but once running, it has the proper voltage....dunno.... either way, I'm not having the front end pulled off to replace a headlamp assembly until I'm sure what the issue is. With it being more than one vehicle, it could be a bad batch of the driver headlamp assemblies, or could be a software issue in the PCM...

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine only does it when the parking lights are turned on or a door is open with the entry lights on which also lights the same parking light; and its only momentarily and stops. It does not do it when the DRL is illuminated, (Same Light, Just Brighter). Nor does it seem to do it while running. It only comes on after turning on for a few seconds, then it stops until the light is recycled, either parking or entry, then does it again and stops and stays illuminated. So, I noticed my battery was a bit low, only have drove it back from the dealer and been in and out of it a few times tinkering. So, I put a charger on it for a day, and I could not get it to duplicate again so far, knock on wood. So, based on this, if I had to throw 2 cents out there, I would say there is a slight chance it has something to do with a low battery and frequency needed for a LED Diode? that is a swag. I am waiting for someone who stated they are having the light replaced to see if that's the issue. Sometime driving for short trips doesn't fully charge your battery back, but once running, it has the proper voltage....dunno.... either way, I'm not having the front end pulled off to replace a headlamp assembly until I'm sure what the issue is. With it being more than one vehicle, it could be a bad batch of the driver headlamp assemblies, or could be a software issue in the PCM...
I’ve only noticed mine doing it a few minutes after the welcome lighting illuminates, and within a couple minutes after initial startup both with the headlights on or off, only on the drivers side. After a couple minutes it stops, of course now I’m curious if it’s doing it while I’m driving, I’m planning on following someone soon to find out. It’s currently showing 541 miles on the odometer, built late May.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine will do it only when the truck is off. This can be just opening and closing doors, or I can put the truck into Aux, and be playing with the radio or changing settings and it will start flickering out of no where. That flicker will NOT stop until the lights shut off. It should be noted though, that the flickering never occurs while the truck is running.

Further, its done it immediately after a drive 40-45 minutes long, so the battery should be decently charged at that point. I am interested in the comment that the battery may not be topped off. Thats possible, I may try to put the truck on the tender to see what it says. ~300 mi on odometer. June build.

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
Since I charged my battery the other day, I have not been able to get it to flicker, running or not. Doesn't mean there isn't an issue, but just an observation. I know that my truck went into the deep sleep mode immediately when I came home from the dealer, about 20 miles. It was sitting at the rail yard for 4 weeks up in Mesquite Texas prior to delivery. I also was tinkering around with it in my garage setting up the Apple Car Play, etc. I went to the dealer that following Monday for tint and it still did it after arrival at the dealer, another 20 miles. When I returned home is when I put it on a charger, and again, it has not flickered since charged. No matter what, it has never done it while running which is when there was a constant proper voltage from the alternator. This is an assumption only but is objective data...LOL as soon as I say this, it will start doing it again.... I will keep posting my experiences and hope all of you will do the same so we can figure it out...Built 26 May.

mikewhiskeyniner

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have the same issue. only happens occasionally. passenger side only.
i checked fuses. went away for a bit. but now its back.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do any of you get a loud pop through the stereo right when you hit the start button?
Unless you're experiencing the headlight issue, I would recommend starting a new thread so this one doesn't sidetrack, or yours gets accidently overlooked.

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you're experiencing the headlight issue, I would recommend starting a new thread so this one doesn't sidetrack, or yours gets accidently overlooked.
The loud pop sound hes talking about has to do with bad or low battery. So if its doing that, it may have something to do with the lights. If a low battery is the cause of the flickering light that is.