Gen 3 amber parking lights flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wallybosch

Wallybosch

Reaction score
LOL, I just took delivery on 3 Aug of my 22...Doing the same exact thing. When it turns on after a little time it flickers, then it doesn't do it again until you recycle the lights.....I don't dare take it to the dealer because to remove that assembly, the whole front has to be removed, Lower Valance, Front Fender Flares, Grille, etc...Not wanting any collateral damage....I can live with it...LOL Same Color, Atlas Blue....Although the same light as the DRL, only does it when the Parking lights are turned on either by the switch or door opening. Does not flicker with the DRL on which is brighter....hmmmm. At first, i thought it was a data upload or something like your modem flashing or something...I'm glad it's happening to others because now I don't necessarily feel like my truck is broke...just an anomaly. If anyone is brave enough to let a dealer troubleshoot and attempt to repair, please share your terror, i mean fix... lol..
I agree mine started off flickering/flashing only when I had the truck off- engine not running.
But….the other day I pulled the truck into the garage and I noticed the amber flashing on the drivers side? I’m starting to think there are a bad batch of headlights showing up! Very strange it’s only the drive side flickering.
I don’t want to be driving the truck and having the amber lights flashing like that. Someone could think I’m turning and pull out in front of me!

I really don’t want my dealer taking the whole front of the truck apart

I watched a you tube video on it and it looks like a pain in the A#! to get to the headlight!

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
l

I really don’t want my dealer taking the whole front of the truck apart

I watched a you tube video on it and it looks like a pain in the A#! to get to the headlight!
There’s no alternative otherwise it appears. I tend to agree that it’s a bad set of headlights because we are all right around the same time.

If you don’t trust your dealer, find another one. You can’t be willing to deal with stuff just because you are afraid of someone working on your truck. Find a tech you’re comfortable with.

OP
OP
Wallybosch

Wallybosch

Reaction score
LOL, I just took delivery on 3 Aug of my 22...Doing the same exact thing. When it turns on after a little time it flickers, then it doesn't do it again until you recycle the lights.....I don't dare take it to the dealer because to remove that assembly, the whole front has to be removed, Lower Valance, Front Fender Flares, Grille, etc...Not wanting any collateral damage....I can live with it...LOL Same Color, Atlas Blue....Although the same light as the DRL, only does it when the Parking lights are turned on either by the switch or door opening. Does not flicker with the DRL on which is brighter....hmmmm. At first, i thought it was a data upload or something like your modem flashing or something...I'm glad it's happening to others because now I don't necessarily fe
Actually my truck is Antimatter blue!

OP
OP
Wallybosch

Wallybosch

Reaction score
There’s no alternative otherwise it appears. I tend to agree that it’s a bad set of headlights because we are all right around the same time.

If you don’t trust your dealer, find another one. You can’t be willing to deal with stuff just because you are afraid of someone working on your truck. Find a tech you’re comfortable with.
I agree I will be taking it to the dealer. I know I don’t have a choice it has to be fixed.
I had a great tech that I would trust doing anything but he retired years ago. I need to find a new “guy”

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
No Mods at all...right off the delivery truck....I don't think that the headlight will fix it, but who knows, could have been a bad batch at the factory. I'm just skeptical whether i want some collateral damage from the dealer from disassembling the front end, scratches, chips, broken clips, stripped screws etc. Please post if it fixes it....I think the Blue Color issue is how they are manufactured down the line, they manufacture based on paint color in batches...all can be fixed, but dont want touched up paint.....dunno, but, please let us know if the light fixed it.

Last edited:

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Mods at all...right off the delivery truck....I don't think that the headlight will fix it, but who knows, could have been a bad batch at the factory. I'm just skeptical whether i want some collateral damage from the dealer from disassembling the front end, scratches, chips, broken clips, stripped screws etc. Please post if it fixes it....I think the Blue Color issue is how they are manufactured down the line, they manufacture based on paint color in batches...all can be fixed, but dont want touched up paint.....dunno, but, please let us know if the light fixed it.
Based on peoples comments about damage, I’m beginning to believe a lot of you don’t have a tech/dealer like I do. I don’t really fear any of this, but I will tell them any damage to my clear bra or ceramic and they are just paying to repair it.

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
I don't think collateral damage is on purpose, I just think that accidents happen when you are not careful. If something has to be repaired because of damage, I will stare at it until I sell it lol... Just trying to keep from having a significant emotional event, lol. I traded my 2017 Gen 2 after only 9000 miles in 5 years. They had to replace the Rear Main Engine Seal 3 times due to whatever reason. Finally fixed but got a scratched grille as a door prize. They ordered a new grille, but I had enough lol. They did me good on the new truck but didn't want to go through all of that again unless I have to.... If it turns out to be a headlight assembly, i will try to get them to let me swap it myself...Swacer_2, please let us know if its the issue....