Gen 3 amber parking lights flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they say what they did. Was it a headlight replace, or was it software related?
On the paper, it says they duplicated the flicker, swapped in a known good light and there was no flicker. Says they did a PPT on it and gave a list of codes. Replaced the headlight and confirmed good power and ground. That’s all it says from there.

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the paper, it says they duplicated the flicker, swapped in a known good light and there was no flicker. Says they did a PPT on it and gave a list of codes. Replaced the headlight and confirmed good power and ground. That’s all it says from there.
Right on. Hopefully that fixed it. Sounds like its doing good so far.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have another appointment on Monday to replace the Headlight Module on the recently replaced Drivers Side Headlight Assembly from last week. I was told that the Ford Engineers which the Dealer contacted suggested this as the next step. Apparently, Ford is trying to rule out that the factory installed Modules that are in production Headlight Assemblies are either bad or not the correct ones. This troubleshooting procedure will determine whether it is the Light Assembly itself, the Modules that are in the Light Assemblies during manufacturing or whether it may be the BCM, or Software related issue in the BCM. I will update when completed whether or not it is repaired.

Hmmm, sounds like they have an inclination that they got a bad batch of headlights, and they do not know where the batch begins and ends. The worst part of that is, if they can't find the dates of production of these bad lights, they could end up swapping your bad light with another bad light, without ever knowing.

I'm interested to hear what they say. Good luck.

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
So finished my appointment today at the dealer and my light is fixed.
So apparently the Drivers side Raptor Headlight Assemblies that are flickering are believed to possibly have a faulty Light Module installed that is attached and is part of the Headlight Assembly as a complete replacement unit. The way this was determined is that the dealer replaced my entire Headlight Assembly from Ford Parts. The flickering continued just as the previous Light Assembly did directly after the new replacement. My truck was built in May 2022 and delivered just last month just as most of yours were..... The dealership contacted Ford who informed the dealer the next step was to replace the only the Module on the newly replacement Headlight Assembly. The Module also came from Ford parts, but possibly not the same batch/run as the complete Light Assemblies being installed at the factory during assembly. After the Module was replaced, there was no more flickering indicating to Ford that there is possibly an entire Lot of Driver Side Light Assemblies for the Raptor that were installed at the factory, at least in the May 2022 timeframe, that are suspected to have a faulty Module. These are Raptor Specific and different from the remaining line of F-150s Light Assemblies which are white lensed and of different design.

So, I hope this isn't too confusing, but if you are in the process of addressing this issue at your Dealership, My Ford Technicians name is Cory who is the Shop Foreman at Johnson Bros Ford in Temple, TX. (254) 773-5257. Jillian Daniels was the Service Advisor. They will be able to guide you through what we did. He also reported this to the Ford Engineers. Deuce's!!!

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have gotten lucky and received a non-affected replacement assembly; read my post above....
Thanks very much for the detailed writeup. I think you're right, and this impacts a lot of people, and Ford won't know for a while how many it actually impacts. I have only had the truck back for 3 days (its actually off getting that light clear bra'd), so I"ll keep an eye out and report back

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for keeping the rest of us informed as to what has been done, and what is seeming to be a resolution. I will pass this information to my dealerships service manager, he ordered a new headlight assembly several weeks ago, but it appears the drivers side headlight module needs to be replaced as well.

Any updates are appreciated, thanks.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be my final update on this, as of today, 10/2/2022, I still have not had a single flicker since the driver side headlight was replaced.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a long wait, my replacement drivers side headlight assembly arrived, and was installed yesterday. So far the “halo” that was flickering above and around the headlights is working perfectly on this one.
I asked what the cost is, $1900 plus labor. They also replaced two wheel arch flares (paint was flaking) at $800 apiece, so $3500 in parts, sure glad it’s new and under warranty.

Thanks to all on this thread that contributed details, all very helpful in getting this resolved.