Gen 3 amber parking lights flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anity93

Reaction score
Just bought my truck this past weekend. While driving 1700 miles back to Phx I noticed mine also does it on both sides (1 side only at a time and random). It also is an AMB 37 package that arrived at the dealership mid August.

Glad to know I’m not the only one. A couple fuses weren’t fully seated but nothing has changed since… I’ll look into reducing the brightness but also want it to work as intended… waiting to see what your dealership comes up with.

Thanks!

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
So after a $1600.00 Light Assembly replacement courtesy of Ford, the flickering still remains. So not the Battery, not the Light Assembly, no error codes on the module, got to be something in the Software Programming? dunno.... Neither does the dealership. Awaiting further guidance.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The factory setting is 100% Duty Cycle. Reducing the Duty Cycle seems to eliminate the flicker. Its not a fix but it seems to stop the flickering. Even with a 20% Duty Cycle reduction, you cant really notice any brightness difference. If you have forscan you can reduce the Duty Cycle.

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
The factory setting is 100% Duty Cycle. Reducing the Duty Cycle seems to eliminate the flicker. Its not a fix but it seems to stop the flickering. Even with a 20% Duty Cycle reduction, you cant really notice any brightness difference. If you have forscan you can reduce the Duty Cycle.
Once it flickers it stops until they are turned off then on again. Does not do it with the DRL's...Not a correct fix, should work as the rest of the vehicles without the issue...Waiting for an answer back through the dealer with ford.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once it flickers it stops until they are turned off then on again. Does not do it with the DRL's...Not a correct fix, should work as the rest of the vehicles without the issue...Waiting for an answer back through the dealer with ford.
@bigdaddyspank
Never said it was a fix. I also know it doesn’t do it on the DRL because they are set to 10% duty cycle.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the truck back today after a long, extended turnaround (was getting several issues addressed in addition to the headlight...get to have my vista roof replaced in a couple weeks because my seal is pinched in a number of places). Drove the truck home, pulled into the garage, and there was no flicker. Its been pretty standard on short drives like this that the flicker will happen.

I will keep an eye on it over the next couple of weeks.

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the truck back today after a long, extended turnaround (was getting several issues addressed in addition to the headlight...get to have my vista roof replaced in a couple weeks because my seal is pinched in a number of places). Drove the truck home, pulled into the garage, and there was no flicker. Its been pretty standard on short drives like this that the flicker will happen.

I will keep an eye on it over the next couple of weeks.
Did they say what they did. Was it a headlight replace, or was it software related?

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
So, I have another appointment on Monday to replace the Headlight Module on the recently replaced Drivers Side Headlight Assembly from last week. I was told that the Ford Engineers which the Dealer contacted suggested this as the next step. Apparently, Ford is trying to rule out that the factory installed Modules that are in production Headlight Assemblies are either bad or not the correct ones. This troubleshooting procedure will determine whether it is the Light Assembly itself, the Modules that are in the Light Assemblies during manufacturing or whether it may be the BCM, or Software related issue in the BCM. I will update when completed whether or not it is repaired.