Gen 3 amber parking lights flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustlistenfc

Reaction score
I think this is a bad battery problem, but I just bring my raptor to dealer this morning, and they said they will replace the two headlights. hm...

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
I think this is a bad battery problem, but I just bring my raptor to dealer this morning, and they said they will replace the two headlights. hm...
Please let us know if replacement fixes the issue. As I stated, it hasn't done this since I charged my battery fully. Could just be coincidental, so if it is a Headlight Assembly, I would also pursue that. Thanks!

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking they were related like power to ground. What an a..hole
I appreciate the kind compliment without considering the intention.

My comment was to say that your issue is outside of the headlight concern. A popping stereo could be anything from battery, to audio unit, to fuse to wiring issues.

So, I stated if you were experiencing the popping sound, perhaps it would be better to start a new thread so that issue wouldn't be lost in this thread.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

After putting 300 miles on my truck, and driving several times at an hour or so a direction, I would hope that the charge would be sufficent. However, I've found that the flickering will happen right after coming home from that drive. My dealership is replacing just the driver side headlight along with a laundry list of other things on monday 8/22. They expect to have the truck for a week to address everything, so I will gladly provide feedback once I have it.

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After putting 300 miles on my truck, and driving several times at an hour or so a direction, I would hope that the charge would be sufficent. However, I've found that the flickering will happen right after coming home from that drive. My dealership is replacing just the driver side headlight along with a laundry list of other things on monday 8/22. They expect to have the truck for a week to address everything, so I will gladly provide feedback once I have it.
Have you tried charging the battery and topping it off? With all the electronics, It could be that the driving is just maintaing, the current charga and not getting it where it needs to be. I dont know how big the alternator is or what it puts out, but it probably wouldnt hurt to throw it on a charger just to see.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried charging the battery and topping it off? With all the electronics, It could be that the driving is just maintaing, the current charga and not getting it where it needs to be. I dont know how big the alternator is or what it puts out, but it probably wouldnt hurt to throw it on a charger just to see.
I believe the raptor has a variable charge system, like the GT350. Its not a standard alternator, the system selections what is supported at different times. I'm not a huge fan of this arrangement, but I understand it.

mustlistenfc

Reaction score
Our dealer is going to replace both deadlights this next week. but I'm going to buy optima battery this weekend and test it make sure this is not battery problem.

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
So, it's not a low battery. After a full charge, it seemed to have stopped, but again started this morning. I now noticed that it would do it when its running also...One thing though, after it initially flickers, it stops and will not start again until the light is recycled on. It may very well just be a bad Headlight Assembly. Please let us know if replacing the Headlight Assembly was the issue...

Last edited:

mustlistenfc

Reaction score
After putting 300 miles on my truck and driving several times at an hour or so a direction, I would hope that the charge would be sufficent. However, I've found that the flickering will happen right after coming home from that drive. My dealership is replacing just the driver side headlight along with a laundry list of other things on Monday 8/22. They expect to have the truck for a week to address everything, so I will gladly provide feedback once I have it.
I tested with optima dh7 battery last night but has same flickering problem. Our dealer ordered headlight with warranty yesterday and will replace next weekend. Please let us know if replacement fixes the issue next week.