Gen 3 Allocations available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

triggerfish

Reaction score
Shit I know the dealers around me that sell at over MSRP and those that have a policy of never going over MSRP (including GT500s, Bronco's, Raptors, etc.). I know of a few outside my area because I've bought a few Ford Performance vehicles in the past 15 years.

If you think they are selling at over MSRP, then you can bet your butt they are. If they weren't, the allocations wouldn't be available because they'd have their steady customer base buying those MSRP units up.

On a side note, I will go out of my way to buy my other family cars and parts from these dealers as much as I can.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i will never buy a new vehicle (production) or the first year of redesign.
and in top have to paid extra $$$,that crazy!

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally I follow that model too, however I'm in the market for a truck now and given the 2021 F-150 model has been out already for almost a year and we are on the tail end of production I feel a bit better about putting in my order for this Raptor. but a brand new model? yes definitely wouldn't buy one of those the first year, I recall when Porsche first brought out the Cayenne SUV, when working for a dealer as a Tech those things had recall/tsb/update lists as long as both your arms, by the end of the run of the first gen models they had hardly any of those issues.

triggerfish

Reaction score
Yeah like Honeybadger said.. this is not really a "new" truck in the sense like most new models are. Proven motor, and the new F150 platform has tested out the Tech and most other things to iron out the problems over the past year. I'm in the market for a new truck right now, so of course that helps.... If I wasn't and could wait.. then sure. But the market is hot for trades which means you will probably get more for it now than in a year.. that MSRP will be the same, and perhaps more for 2022 though.

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The simple economics I was referring to is “perceived value”. The value of anything on the open market is based on what people are willing to pay for it. Without getting too deep, simply, their “perception” of said value is constructed by a multitude of variables, however it is still a perceived value. If there are people willing to pay, welp… then it will sell.

Change people’s thinking on what a Raptor is worth, or what the appropriate perceived value is, and we all benefit.

MSRP: Ford made the suggestion on price, why aren’t we taking their suggestion?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had good luck with first year Ford trucks. I've bought 4 first year Ford trucks (92 Bronco, 97 F150, 2011 Ecoboost and 2017 Raptor) and didn't have any problems with any of them.