Gen 3 2021 Ford Raptor with 37's has a different frame, than 2021 Raptor with 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frankly, if you own a gen2 I don’t see a need to upgrade to the gen3. I don’t own one, I am coming from the Mustang side so I am all in on the gen3.

High maintenance Rap

Reaction score
What else you want to debate when it’s coming from FORD telling you that a 35 body is different than a 37 body , but still you have the knuckle heads that think they know more than the engineers , don’t put 37 inch tires on a 35inch frame. It’s that simple.

djevox

Reaction score

If you watch this video it talks about the new Raptor with one of the guys who built it. Skip to the 7:00 mark and basically he says the different frame has to do with fitting the 37" spare tire. If you have the 35" version you aren't fitting a 37" tire in the spare tire under the bed.
Something that really bugs me about this is the fact that the guy said they spent three years developing the gen3, but Ford is still letting dealers alienate customers with ridiculous ADM. I’m almost at the point where I’m going to start looking at other brands. This crap is ridiculous.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What else you want to debate when it’s coming from FORD telling you that a 35 body is different than a 37 body , but still you have the knuckle heads that think they know more than the engineers , don’t put 37 inch tires on a 35inch frame. It’s that simple.
"According to Tony Greco, Ford program manager for the F-150 Raptor, you’ll get a uniquely modified frame. This will have an adjusted rear crossmember and support bracket, each relocated in order to hold the larger, fatter 37-inch tire within the same under-bed, spare-tire void as all other F-150s, located directly behind the last bumper crossmember."

In bold and italics to stress why the frame is different.
Conclusion = learn how to Google the differences