Gen 2 Upfitter Switch Tailgate Release Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ruby

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine installed and it works great. I’m a little paranoid that the dealer or some valet will want to play with the switches and end up damaging my tailgate. I have it labeled, but it’s hard to see in bad lighting. @Ruby do see any problems with running the Upfitter wire through a hidden toggle switch before it connects to the relay?
There isn’t any issues with that!

lots of customers install my kit with a hidden switch! Any 12VDC signal to the Relay through the UPFITTER wire will trigger the tailgate.

but, just be aware. The tailgate release won’t function when the vehicle in motion more than 2mph, or while the power isn’t on. It’s fairly safe against accidents

TG3

Reaction score
Installed today and works perfectly! Took about 25mins once I found the upfitter wiring hidden under the hood. Got the mod nerves out of my system and now I’m ready for more

Matt Pearlman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ruby.....finally got this installed and I ****** love it. Its great to use those damn switches!!!! Ive only had a few times where I accidentally hit the switch and the tailgate came down and I drove off.