Gen 2 Upfitter Switch Tailgate Release Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished tonight and can say that the wires in the passenger footwell area were VERY hard to get loose and bring down to be useable. I always solder and shrink tube all joints so it turned out great but not as easy to get to as I hoped.
2018 SCREW 802A and Tech pkg

I should say, the instructions were great and the kit was very well put together. A nice kit that works exactly as advertised.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried it but doesn't the tailgate release on the remote do this ?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does, but it's easy to do when you pull up to the house, need to unload some surf stuff. Hit the switch and bam, tailgate is down, wetsuit and board are waiting for you... no digging out my key from my overly tight pant pockets

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does, but it's easy to do when you pull up to the house, need to unload some surf stuff. Hit the switch and bam, tailgate is down, wetsuit and board are waiting for you... no digging out my key from my overly tight pant pockets

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
Yeah I hear ya I keep my keys on a carabiner on my belt loop so easy to get to. I plan on using all my switches for lighting so don't want to tie one up but I see the need.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk