Gen 2 Upfitter Switch Tailgate Release Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaca

Reaction score
Installed mine this weekend. Instructions were really detailed and easy to follow. The kit feels like it is very good quality cables and solid connections. The seller was super responsive in answering the couple questions I had.

Hardest part was finding the uplifter wires on the passenger side. They were tucked up really high above the fuse box. I found it was easier to unlatch the glove box to get my hands back there.

IMG_1091.jpg

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll try again although I thought I felt around there all I could and had seen these pictures before.

Will they be wrapped in tape or will there be an exposed loop of wires or loose wire-ends with nubs.

Thanks for the encouragement.

SUCCESS!!

But BOY do I want to punch that assembly worker right in the mouth!

The wires were completely taped to an existing wiring harness completely covering the nubs so you couldn't feel them. Even when I did finally locate them they were tucked up so high and were so short that getting the tape off and access to the wires was a complete PITA. And for a $70K truck they couldn't spring for an extra 6" of wire to make it more accessible?! I mean hell, the only reason they're there in the first place is so that they can be easily accessed by aftermarket/DIY'ers. Making it this hard I might as well just have run a new wire from the engine compartment myself. I guess it wildly varies by truck.

<rant off>

All that said, the unit works PERFECTLY and I'm glad I suffered through Ford's customer brutality. :)

Thanks for all the help and encouragement!

Last edited:

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New owner and already decided I can’t NOT get this... Let me know when you’re back in the CONUS and I’ll order one as well.

Safe return...