Gen 2 Upfitter Switch Tailgate Release Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volfan615

Reaction score
This applies to the key fob also, but what happens when you are backed into a spot with a wall behind you or another car. Will the tailgate release? Have always been worried backed into the parking garage at work that I will accidentally hit the tailgate release rather than the remote start.

OP
OP
Ruby

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This applies to the key fob also, but what happens when you are backed into a spot with a wall behind you or another car. Will the tailgate release? Have always been worried backed into the parking garage at work that I will accidentally hit the tailgate release rather than the remote start.

My tailgate release kit works on all parameters that key fob and other vehicles trunk releases work. So, if you are parked next to a wall, the key fob button and my "upfitter tailgate release" kit WILL allow the tailgate to open into the wall. Thats why you need to be sure not to accidentally use they key fob, or "upfitter tailgate release" to drop the tailgate when obstructs are near.

That being said, my kit will NOT work anytime while the vehicle is in motion, or powered off.

Last edited:

BendSprinter

Reaction score
The Old lady need a new couch.. Lets get these kits moving!

Didn't think I needed this but if it's for a new couch..... Payment sent!

(or just got the truck two days ago and super excited for this mod - after blowing budget on the truck this is about the right price to sneak something cool in). Thanks!!