GEN 2 to GEN 1, thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggsando

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a deposit down on a 2013 SCREW 801A with 35k miles and trade-in offer from the same dealer for my 2018 SCREW 802A with 31k miles (only option missing is the graphics) at my original purchase price of $67k. I'm walking away with 20k+ check and returning my truck to stock to sell the parts as part of the agreement. They are repainting the 2013 bumpers prior to sale so I haven't signed yet. Question is for those of you who have owned both GEN1 and GEN2, how many would take the deal or would you stay with the GEN 2/GEN1 and reason? Just curious to see the responses. Thanks

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
No idea, but it sounds interesting and if your making some money go for it. The Gen 1's are growing on me and I look forward to seeing your new purchase. I believe there is a video on YouTube on TFL of a guy who did the same thing. Andre asked him the very same thing.

OP
OP
ggsando

ggsando

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No idea, but it sounds interesting and if your making some money go for it. The Gen 1's are growing on me and I look forward to seeing your new purchase. I believe there is a video on YouTube on TFL of a guy who did the same thing. Andre asked him the very same thing.
Thanks for the video

RaptorKB

Reaction score
I just did this same thing. For me I’m loving the switch over to the gen 1. Just order the corsa xtreme exhaust so looking forward to hearing that V8 once it comes in. I would say drive it if you like it make the trade low mileage gen 1’s are getting harder to find. Good luck

Raptoe13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would drive it first. The 6.2 is underwhelming if you're used to the Gen 2. But 20k is 20k.
I have both currently and I agree that the 6.2 is sluggish compared to the v6. It's a toss up for me if I had to get rid of one. Probably get rid of the gen 1 simply because the gen 2 is superior in every aspect aside from the exhaust note especially with the Corsa, although as I get older, I do like the quietness of my Gen 2 exhaust after installing a Limited muffler.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I have both currently and I agree that the 6.2 is sluggish compared to the v6. It's a toss up for me if I had to get rid of one. Probably get rid of the gen 1 simply because the gen 2 is superior in every aspect aside from the exhaust note especially with the Corsa, although as I get older, I do like the quietness of my Gen 2 exhaust after installing a Limited muffler.
A limited muffler is on my list. Huge difference?