GEN 2 to GEN 1, thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. It’s the market; it’s not like Gen 1’s are not the only vehicle that has had values increase lol.

As far as “exclusivity”...it’s an F-150. These are trucks that are meant to be used, not collector items. The only thing more “exclusive” about Gen 1 is that they made less of them...which is irrelevant because it was never a limited production vehicle.
The “exclusivity” is perceived, in my opinion, since less were made and it was the first truck of its kind. That said, you’re going to have the bonehead “I’ll never buy anything but a V8” crowd, and sure maybe they’ll ****** one up. My GEN1 was my favorite most reliable truck I’ve owned, and I’ve had a bunch. My first Gen 2 I only had for about 20k, and I didn’t have an issue. My second Gen 2 has had a few issues that seem to have been fixed with TSB. I’d love to have another Gen 1, but it wouldn’t be for my DD. Since I can’t afford two Raptors, I have my Gen 2 under warranty and I’m hoping it goes the full ride with limited issues. Looking at 2023 or 2024 to pick up a Gen 3. I looked into trading it, but the prices they want for ALL trucks right now is just absurd. 19 and 20 Raptors are going for 3-6k over original sticker price, with anywhere from 15-25k miles. Regular F150s it’s cheaper to buy a new truck at sticker, with incentives than it is to find a late model used.

Squad21

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a gen 2 and sold it to get into a midsize truck the regretted it, sold it and was h
Shopping for another gen2 until I found a gen1 at my local dealer and once I drove it, had to have it. Gen 2 Is a superior truck for sure but honestly the Gen1 was way ahead of it's time and still looks modern when taken care of.