Gen 2 Sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wes127

Reaction score
Having issues with my sunroof on my 2018. It’s been going on for a while and it’s just getting worse. I’ve watched countless videos on cleaning the rubber and lubing everything. still driving down the road, it creeks and rattles non stop.
Anyone know of a fix? Ive taken it to the dealer and they have no clue what to do. It opens and closes fine. Just rattles like crazy.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when mine starts to "rattle". I move it to the vent position, then close it again. That appears to take out all the slack of the gears in the tracks and reseats the glass. Rattles go away for a few days or weeks each time I do it.

I do the lube thing every spring and fall.

OP
OP
wes127

wes127

Reaction score
when mine starts to "rattle". I move it to the vent position, then close it again. That appears to take out all the slack of the gears in the tracks and reseats the glass. Rattles go away for a few days or weeks each time I do it.

I do the lube thing every spring and fall.
I did the same for the first 2 years now it does it all the time. Drives me nuts!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having issues with my sunroof on my 2018. It’s been going on for a while and it’s just getting worse. I’ve watched countless videos on cleaning the rubber and lubing everything. still driving down the road, it creeks and rattles non stop.
Anyone know of a fix? Ive taken it to the dealer and they have no clue what to do. It opens and closes fine. Just rattles like crazy.
Are you using the specified Krytox grease? That’s very important.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would running the open close learning procedure possibly recalibrate the limit settings and reseat the panels?

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cracked 20,000miles. I've done the procedure at least a half dozen times. It's usually because I can't stand the noise anymore. Rather amazed how how quiet things become. Take your time cleaning/ use the right p/n's.