Gen 2 shocks and struts on 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I purchased a 2010 and it came with a full gen 2 shocks and struts upgrade. I noticed both CV inner boots are torn and are super bounded. It rides really stiff. On the highway it likes to bounce the front end. I have 2019 OEM Tires and rims. What else do I have to do to make it feel normal. Main issue is the binding.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well pics of suspension would be helpful first of all. Secondly, I’m assuming they’ve already been installed , but in order to run them correctly the rears require relocate brackets for gen 2 shocks, and the front require new upper shock bucket towers. And if I’m not mistaken, gen1 springs are usually installed with the Gen2 struts aswell. If all of this is done, then I would recommend a rebuild on all of them. Do you behave any clue what year the Gen2’s are or if they’ve EVER been rebuilt?

OP
OP
nicholas conklin
Reaction score
Well pics of suspension would be helpful first of all. Secondly, I’m assuming they’ve already been installed , but in order to run them correctly the rears require relocate brackets for gen 2 shocks, and the front require new upper shock bucket towers. And if I’m not mistaken, gen1 springs are usually installed with the Gen2 struts aswell. If all of this is done, then I would recommend a rebuild on all of them. Do you behave any clue what year the Gen2’s are or if they’ve EVER been rebuilt?
So i got them from a 2020 raptor with 3k miles on it. Then i put the shocks and struts on and only driven it about 10k miles. I saw a video about getting the shock buckets and replacing the coils.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if theyre live valves you need the the delete, without any power they go into the full stiff mode.
So i got them from a 2020 raptor with 3k miles on it. Then i put the shocks and struts on and only driven it about 10k miles. I saw a video about getting the shock buckets and replacing the coils.